We always make time for the important things in life: eating, showering, watching TV, but if we find ourselves not making time for our loved ones, our relationships start to suffer. By not making time, we are letting our loved ones know that they aren’t as important to us as we may profess.
If someone were to ask you what you value most in your life, I’m sure that your relationships with your friends and family would be right at the top of the list. But for most of us, the way we spend our time doesn’t always show it.
We all know that how we spend our time shows what we prioritize, much more than what we say or think. What are you prioritizing? And what is it saying to your loved ones?
We may not always have time for big gestures but there are so many ways that we can make a more conscious effort to show our loved ones that they matter and that they’re special. And they only take a little effort and mindfulness.
20 Ways to Make Someone You Love Feel Special
I’ve come up with a list of 20 simple ways to make someone you love feel special. Here they are:
- Give him a heartfelt compliment.
- Praise him in front of other people.
- Don’t multi-task while he’s talking to you, give him your undivided attention.
- Write him a thank-you note for something he did or said.
- Buy him a gift for “just because.”
- Give him a big smile and hug when he comes home. Show him that you missed him.
- Tell him you’re proud of him.
- Ask him to teach you something.
- Remember the names of his closest friends.
- Ask him for his opinion.
- When you’ve made a mistake, admit it.
- When he asks you about your day, share details.
- Tell him that you believe in him.
- Notice when he changes something about the way he looks or is wearing a new outfit.
- When he’s right about something, let him know.
- Ask him about his dreams and goals.
- Share your dreams with him.
- Don’t judge.
- Tell him how he has made a difference in your life.
- Celebrate his successes.
What are some other ways you can think of to show someone you love that they are important to you?
Homemaking is so much more than cleaning a house, cooking food, and making sure your family has clothes to wear. Homemaking is about nurturing a spirit of warmth, comfort, and love in your home.