30 Ideas for Back to School
I can hardly believe I’m even talking about Back to School Ideas! It’s hard to believe how quickly summers go by these days. Do you remember when we were kids and summer seemed to last forever? Those were the days.
But the fact is it’s almost August which means school will be back in session. This will be my 17th year homeschooling! We typically start our homeschool the first week of September every year. So in our house we still have a few wees of summer left.
So whether your kids are headed back to school next week or whether you won’t start your homeschool until the end of August, I’m guessing, like me, you’re already making some plans.
Back to School Lunches
You may already know this, but I pack lunches for my girls when we are out for the day and sometimes even when we are at home to help our homeschool day flow smoother. I especially love our Easy Lunch Boxes. They are so easy to use, not to mention economical! Here are some ideas to help you figure out what to pack for lunch.
- 125+ Healthy Lunch Box Ideas
- Easy Lunch Box Weekly Menu Planner
- Chubby Taquitos
- Fresh Fruit and Salad Lunch Box
- Healthy Lunch Box for the Whole Family
- DIY PB&J Uncrustables @ Living Well Spending Less
- How to Make and Freeze PB&J Sandwiches @ Amanda’s Cookin
- Minty Potato Samosas @ Hooked On Heat
- Easy Lunch Boxes @ Amazon.com
- Follow Pinterest Board: Lunch Boxes – Hundreds of Ideas!
You’ll also find more ideas in my Lunch Box series.
Back to School Craft Ideas
These crafts will surely get you and your kids in the mood to start school! In our house we usually start school the first week in September and whether you homeschool or not, those back to school days are fast approaching!
- Decorating a Composition Notebook @ Crafts by Amanda
- Craft Stick Pencil Bookmarks @ Crafts by Amanda
- Magnetic Craft Caddy @ Sheri’s Silver
- Personalized Pens @ DIY Inspired
- Back to School Gumball Rulers @ Katrina’s Paperie
- Sew and Tell Pencil Bag @ Carolyn’s Homework
- Upcycled Back to School Pencil Cans @ Carolyn’s Homework
- Teacher Supply Holder Gift Set @ Ribbons and Glue
- Back to School Crate @ Sippy Cup Mom
Easy After School Snacks
Kids everywhere are hungry after school! All that thinking is hard work. Here are some fun and easy snack ideas your kids will love:
- Italian Brown Paper Bag Popcorn @ Snappy Gourmet
- Healthy Fruit Snacks @ Little House Living
- Family Snack Mix @ All in All
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs @ A Moms Take
- Letter of the Week Snacks @ Crystal and Co
- Healthy Snacks for Kids @ Real Coake
- Healthy Snacks to Make and Freeze @ A Life in Balance
- Apple Turtles @ Spaceships and Laser Beams
- “Clue” Inspired Fruit Kabobs @ 3 Boys and a Dog
- PB&J Banana Burritos @ Culinary.net
- Banana Pops @ Creative Activities for Kids