With fall just around the corner, I’m already thinking about baking more and apple recipes. Yum! This recipe is easy to make – don’t be intimidated by the puff pastry. It’s not hard!
Caramel Apple Cream Puffs
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of water
- 1 box of caramel flavored pie pudding filling (2 cups of milk for pudding)
- Caramel topping (as desired)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large pot over high heat bring butter and water to a boil. Stir in the salt and flour, lower heat to medium and mix together until it becomes a ball form. Place dough in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk in one egg at a time, being sure it’s well mixed before adding another. Repeat for all four eggs.
4. Add in the ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix.
5. In an ungreased pan, drop in 1 tablespoon of dough at a time.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. In a large pan, melt butter and add in apples. Sautee for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Add in cinnamon, brown sugar and water. Lower heat to low, gently keep stirring for an additional 2-3 minutes until apples are tender. Remove from heat.
8. In a medium bowl, make the pie according to directions.
9. Once puffs are done, slice in half. Spoon on one teaspoon of caramel filling and then ½ teaspoon of apple filling. Layer again with the other half of the puff. Drizzle caramel on top.
Makes 26 puff pastries.
Homemaking is so much more than cleaning a house, cooking food, and making sure your family has clothes to wear. Homemaking is about nurturing a spirit of warmth, comfort, and love in your home.