My Life Documented Monday
We’ve had a rough couple of weeks around our house. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 liver and colon cancer. There’s nothing they can do and she’s been failing pretty rapidly – needs constant care now. It’s so sad. She’s come home and we are taking care of her. I would appreciate any prayers you would lift up on our behalf.
Anyway, we had a scheduled church camp out for this past weekend and the kids had so much fun. My husband stayed home with his mother and I took the kids on the camp out. I love sleeping in a tent and being outdoors. It poured down rain for much of the camp out but we weathered it in style!
Some of the highlights of this camp out:
- Had worship.
- We learned how to read and use a compass.
- Went on an orienteering mission in the rain.
- Found river glass along the river and collected some.
- Saw a pair of Canadian Geese who were building a nest.
- Caught tadpoles in the river.
- Learned about knife safety.
- Learned how to lash together a table or stool.
- Practiced different ways to build a fire.
- Did a two hour outdoor challenge/ scavenger hunt.
- Did a five hour obstacle course.
- Stayed up til 1 am on Saturday night playing glow in the dark games.
- Cooked a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning at the community service center for the church members.
- We flew kites.
Free Printable Journal Cards for Project Life
How to Download
- Follow me on Twitter and/or Instagram if you can. Or Pinterest. Thanks!
- Download the .pdf file for the Camp Out Journal Cards here.
Document the Everyday
So what’s going on in your life?
Homemaking is so much more than cleaning a house, cooking food, and making sure your family has clothes to wear. Homemaking is about nurturing a spirit of warmth, comfort, and love in your home.