My Life Documented Monday
We’ve had a rough couple of weeks around our house. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 liver and colon cancer. There’s nothing they can do and she’s been failing pretty rapidly – needs constant care now. It’s so sad. She’s come home and we are taking care of her. I would appreciate any prayers you would lift up on our behalf.
Anyway, we had a scheduled church camp out for this past weekend and the kids had so much fun. My husband stayed home with his mother and I took the kids on the camp out. I love sleeping in a tent and being outdoors. It poured down rain for much of the camp out but we weathered it in style!
Some of the highlights of this camp out:
- Had worship.
- We learned how to read and use a compass.
- Went on an orienteering mission in the rain.
- Found river glass along the river and collected some.
- Saw a pair of Canadian Geese who were building a nest.
- Caught tadpoles in the river.
- Learned about knife safety.
- Learned how to lash together a table or stool.
- Practiced different ways to build a fire.
- Did a two hour outdoor challenge/ scavenger hunt.
- Did a five hour obstacle course.
- Stayed up til 1 am on Saturday night playing glow in the dark games.
- Cooked a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning at the community service center for the church members.
- We flew kites.
Free Printable Journal Cards for Project Life
How to Download
- Follow me on Twitter and/or Instagram if you can. Or Pinterest. Thanks!
- Download the .pdf file for the Camp Out Journal Cards here.
Document the Everyday
So what’s going on in your life?
Join the Challenge...
and get your heart and home ready for spring!