R is for Reading Challenge
I am so thankful that all of my kids love to read books. I didn’t love reading books until I was about 12 years old, but from the time I first fell in love with books I never stopped. And it was a summer reading challenge program that first gave me a love for reading!
Today I’m sharing a great list of Free Summer Reading Programs along with some book lists and printables for kids.
Just remember, it’s important that moms and dad are selective when it comes to their kids reading materials. Be aware of what your kids are reading. And use your own judgement when it comes to these lists I’m sharing. I have not personally approved every book!
Free Summer Reading Programs
- Check your local library – most libraries have summer reading programs and weekly story time for kids.
- Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program – Your child can earn free books for every 8 books he reads.
- Scholastic’s Summer Reading Program
- Junie B. Jones Summer Reading Program
- Six Flags Read to Succeed – we did this program a couple of years ago!
- Chuck E. Cheese’s Summer Reading Program – earn free tokens!
- Pizza Hut “Book It” Summer Reading Program
- Books-a-Million Summer Reading Quest
- Summer Reading Bucket List
- Summer Reading Calendar
- Summer Reading Checklist
- Classic Summer Reading List for Tweens
- How to Create Your Own Summer Reading Club
- Summer Reading Ideas
- A Reading Log that Kids can Color
- How to Make Summer Reading Fun for Your Kids