I love summer time. The bounty of fresh from the garden (or farmer’s market) produce is such a blessing!
Yellow squash and zucchini are usually found in abundance. Even if you don’t have a garden of your own, you probably have friends who do – and you will end up with some of their overflowing blessings!
I just recently put up six quart bags of squash into the freezer and I hope to be able to put up more before the summer is over. It’s easy!
How to Freeze Summer Squash
- Wash your squash and cut it into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices.
- Blanch sliced squash by dropping small batches into boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Cool squash by placing into icy water to stop the cooking process.
- Fill quart size freezer bags with the blanched squash.
- Be sure to label the bags with the contents and date!
I’ll be posting more ways to use up your summer squash as the week progresses!
I have shared this post with Homestead Revival’s Barn Hop. Be sure to stop by for a visit!
Homemaking is so much more than cleaning a house, cooking food, and making sure your family has clothes to wear. Homemaking is about nurturing a spirit of warmth, comfort, and love in your home.