“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her.” Proverbs 31:11
With Valentine’s Day approaching in just a few days… I thought it would be fun to focus on different aspects of the marriage relationship or rather, how you and I can be better wives! Proverbs 31 tells us that the heart of the virtuous woman’s husband could safely trust in her. Does your husband trust you or does his hear lie in fear of what is coming?
Do you go out of your way to be thoughtful to your husband?
Do you remember those first days, weeks, months after you met your future husband? You probably daydreamed about him and thought up creative ways to show your love for him. After you were married, you probably continued to go out of your way to nurture your love for him and his love for you. Then came the baby and perhaps another… and another…
Has life gotten in the way of your love? What kinds of things does your husband really appreciate?
- A cold glass of lemonade when he’s mowing the grass?
- A hot bath after a long, hard, stressful day at work?
- His favorite meal… just because?
- An hour spent detailing his car?
- A Sunday afternoon watching the game… without you bugging him about it?
- A hot breakfast in the morning – even if he leaves really early in the morning?
- A sack lunch filled with homemade goodies?
- A long kiss when he walks in the door?
What is it your husband really enjoys? What ways can you show him he is the king of his household and that he is adored?
Homemaking is so much more than cleaning a house, cooking food, and making sure your family has clothes to wear. Homemaking is about nurturing a spirit of warmth, comfort, and love in your home.