With fall just around the corner, I’m already thinking about baking more and apple recipes. Yum! This recipe is easy to make – don’t be intimidated by the puff pastry. It’s not hard!
Caramel Apple Cream Puffs
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of water
- 1 box of caramel flavored pie pudding filling (2 cups of milk for pudding)
- Caramel topping (as desired)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large pot over high heat bring butter and water to a boil. Stir in the salt and flour, lower heat to medium and mix together until it becomes a ball form. Place dough in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk in one egg at a time, being sure it’s well mixed before adding another. Repeat for all four eggs.
4. Add in the ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix.
5. In an ungreased pan, drop in 1 tablespoon of dough at a time.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. In a large pan, melt butter and add in apples. Sautee for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Add in cinnamon, brown sugar and water. Lower heat to low, gently keep stirring for an additional 2-3 minutes until apples are tender. Remove from heat.
8. In a medium bowl, make the pie according to directions.
9. Once puffs are done, slice in half. Spoon on one teaspoon of caramel filling and then ½ teaspoon of apple filling. Layer again with the other half of the puff. Drizzle caramel on top.
Makes 26 puff pastries.
Join A Virtuous Woman's community of over 21,000 women where you'll find freedom from perfection and the confidence to live your life with purpose and get Instant Access to my growing library of Free Printable Resources!