Christmas is a time for family, friends, and togetherness. But it can also be stressful if you don’t plan ahead. This blog post will give you plan the perfect Christmas morning with as little stress as possible. Be sure to download my free printable Christmas morning planner that will help make sure nothing gets forgotten on this special day at the bottom of the post!
Christmas morning is supposed to be a magical time for families and friends, but it can be hard to incorporate all of those special touches and traditions you want your family to remember.
If you don’t plan ahead and get organized you may find yourself feeling stressed or just deciding the effort is not worth the stress. And there is certainly nothing wrong with having a quiet Christmas morning with no plans! But if there are things you want to make sure happen, this blog post is for you!
It’s not too early to start planning for Christmas morning. With the right preparation, you’ll have fun memories instead of stress during this holiday season.
How to Plan Christmas Morning
1 Week Before
- Plan menu. Choose simple dishes and a make ahead breakfast casserole.
- Create shopping list.
- Choose songs for your Christmas playlist.
- Wash table linens, press, and plan centerpiece.
- Clean main living areas of the house.
- Deep clean bathrooms.
3 Days Before
- Thaw frozen foods like turkey or other dishes you may be serving.
- Clean out refrigerator and make space for groceries.
- Go grocery shopping.
- Wrap presents.
1 Day Before
- Make breakfast casserole and refrigerator to bake later.
- Set table and add centerpiece.
- Finish wrapping presents.
- Clean bathrooms and prepare them for any guests you may have.
- Clear clutter from kitchen counters and clean kitchen.
- Go to bed with a tidy house.
- Enjoy the morning. Open presents.
- Bake your make-ahead casserole.
- Cook other dishes on your menu.
- Turn on your Christmas playlist, relax, and enjoy your family!
We hope you enjoy these tips for planning the best Christmas morning ever. Be sure to share this post with your friends and family so they can have a stress free Christmas morning too!
Let me know down in the comments what your favorite part of Christmas morning is!
Free Printable Christmas Morning Planner
How to Get the Printable
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to get the printable!
- If you’re a member of the Homemaker’s Circle, this printable can be found inside of the membership! If not, you can join today for as little as $1.00 a week and get instant access to over $500 worth of digital products and homemaking classes including The Disciplined Homemaker and A Time to Clean!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables