Whether you’re planning a big picnic with friends and family or just want to take your kids on a simple picnic at the park, having kid friendly picnic recipes is a must. You want recipes that the kids in your life will enjoy – because picnics should be enjoyed by everyone!
Be sure to download my free printable picnic checklist at the bottom of the post, too!
In our we love to go on picnics whenever we get the chance. When the weather is nice, you’ll often find us at the park or the lake – and that almost always involves food. We have a large extended family. Lots of little kids!
As a mom and grandma, it’s important to me that everyone enjoys the food. Including the kids – who, let’s face it, can be picky sometimes. I’ve put together a fun collection of kid friendly picnic recipes I think the kids in your life will love.
Kid Friendly Picnic Recipes
More Kid Friendly Picnic Ideas
Some great options for kid friendly picnic foods don’t even require a recipe. Here are some of my favorite easy, kid friendly foods you can grab and go.
- hot dogs
- corn on the cob
- chips and dip
- cheese sticks
- grape tomatoes
- black olives
- sweet pickles
- veggie tray with dip
This collection of kid friendly recipes is making me hungry! Let me know in the comments below what your favorite kid friendly recipe you like to take on picnics. What do your kids or grand kids love?
In our household, we’re vegetarian. In fact the large majority of our extended family is vegetarian as well. Sometimes I make vegetarian dinners that are just you know, naturally vegetarian. However, sometimes I take recipes that call for meat and replace the meat with a vegetarian option.
Being a vegetarian has many health benefits.
Vegetarian substitutions for meat:
You’ll find these products in the freezer aisle or health food section of your local grocery store. You can also find these products at most health food stores like Whole Foods.
- ground beef or turkey > vegetarian burger crumbles
- chicken > Quorn Meatless Pieces
- chicken breast > Quorn Meatless Filets
- shredded chicken or pork > canned jackfruit
- beef, chicken, or pork > black beans, pinto beans, or chickpeas
- deli meats > Lightlife Deli Slices
- sausage > Gimme Lean Breakfast Sausage, Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage
- tuna > chickpeas
- bacon > Morning Star Farms Veggie Bacon
- pepperoni > Veggie Pepperoni
Be sure to download my free printable picnic checklist and be sure to check out my simple guide: How to Plan a Picnic.
Free Printable Picnic Checklist
How to Download
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to my Picnic Checklist .
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to download!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables