Meal planning can be a challenge when you have picky eaters in your house. Especially when you want to serve healthy foods that are quick and easy to make. Today I’m sharing a collection of easy lentil recipes for picky eaters.
Lentils are one of those foods that are so good and so good for you. It’s a shame not everyone loves them. Not only do they taste delicious, but lentils are so quick and easy to make!
My kids were never that picky. Although some of my kids did have one or two foods they particularly disliked. Thankfully it was never a big issue and they grew up eating a wide variety of healthy foods.
I became vegetarian in 1998 and at that time my (first three) kids also became vegetarian. I really haven’t missed eating meat – although sometimes I have fond memories of certain recipes my mom used to make. I do appreciate how much better I feel as a vegetarian and how much healthier my kids became afterward as well.
Transitioning to a healthier diet can feel difficult, but it is possible! Of course, you don’t have to make the switch to being a vegetarian to still enjoy a healthier diet. These lentil recipes are a great way to incorporate more vegetarian fare into your diet or even as part of your Meatless Monday themed menu plan.
Dinner Ideas for Picky Eaters
Finding kid friendly lentil recipes is kind of tricky, but I’m pretty positive these recipes are a great start! Every mom needs quick, easy, dinner ideas for picky eaters. Here are a few more ideas:
- Taco Tuesday Recipe Ideas
- Meatless Monday Themed Dinner Ideas
- Throwback Thursday Recipes from Back in the Day
- Make It Together Monday | Themed Dinner Ideas
How long do Lentils Take to Cook?
Lentils are a staple food in many parts of the world and an inexpensive way to feed your family. They are so quick to make – often you can get them on the table in less than 30 minutes! This makes them an ideal addition to your weekly menu planning.
16 Lentil Recipes for Picky Eaters
“And you, take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and emmer, and put them into a single vessel and make your bread from them.” Ezekiel 4:9 ESV
I think these lentil recipes are perfect for picky eaters. I’m hungry just writing this post!! Let me know which recipe looks yummy to you in the comments below. Also, how many picky eaters live in your house??
Free Printable Recipe Binder
How to Download
- When you fill out the form below, you’ll receive an email giving you access to my entire subscriber exclusive resource library where you’ll find this and many more resources for your home and family!
- You’ll find this free printable recipe binder in the At Home section of the library.
Why should I subscribe?
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables