Homemade Bird Feeder Craft for Preschoolers
Kids will love this fun cheerio bird feeder and it makes for an amazingly simple quick activity! This easy preschool craft is a great way for kids to connect with nature and is a fun way to strengthen those fine motor skills!
This simple bird feeder craft is a lot of fun for kids and the perfect year-round activity – especially in winter when there is snow on the ground! I’ve done this craft several times with my girls and I’ve even done this as an activity for Children’s Ministry. I have to say, that older kids enjoy making this homemade bird feeder, too!
Cherrio Bird Feeder
- pipe cleaners
- cheerios/fruit loops
2. Thread cheerios and fruit loops on.
3. Once fully threaded secure loose end on to eye hoop and mold into desired shape.
5.Hang outside for the birds to enjoy!
- For the preschooler, this craft helps develop their fine motor skills.
- You could make a pattern with the colors.
- If you use Fruit Loops or Fruity Cherrios, this craft would work for as part of a rainbow activity/ unit or for St. Patrick’s Day.
Books to Read
- National Geographic Backyard Guide to the Birds of North America
- Birds, Nests & Eggs (Take Along Guides)
- About Birds: A Guide for Children, 2nd edition
Bible Study Guide
Join A Virtuous Woman's community where you'll find freedom from perfection and the confidence to live your life with purpose. Get my FREE STUDY GUIDE: 10 Virtues of the Proverbs 31 Woman!