Trust in marriage is one of the most vital aspects of a healthy marriage. Today we’re asking the question: Can your husband trust you? Let’s look at the different ways your husband should be able to trust you in your marriage.
“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her.” Proverbs 31:11
With Valentine’s Day approaching in just a few days… I thought it would be fun to focus on different aspects of the marriage relationship or rather, how you and I can be better wives! Proverbs 31 tells us that the heart of the virtuous woman’s husband could safely trust in her. Does your husband trust you or does his hear lie in fear of what is coming?
Can your husband trust you?
Trust is one of the most important issues in any relationship. There are many levels of trust. The first idea that comes to my mind when I think of trust is adultery. Whether or not your husband can trust you to stay faithful, to give your heart, mind and body to no one else. Once the threat or reality of an affair has occured, regaining trust can be very difficult and the feeling of betrayal runs deep.
I would imagine that most of you reading this article are not struggling with this type of trust issue. But there are other ways you can give your husband reason to doubt or mistrust you.
- Do you hide your purchases from your husband?
- Do you fail to do the “busy work” he asks you to do? (i.e. phone calls, pick up dry cleaning, etc.)
- Do you not work to keep the house clean so he is unable to spontaneously invite friends or co-workers over?
- Do you have a short temper or critical spirit?
- Do you fail to prepare food for him every day so he can count on his meals?
- Do you waste money?
- Do you flirt with other men? (however “innocently”)
- Do you speak critically of or to his mother?
- Do you neglect to care properly for his children?
There are so many different ways you can tear down your own house. Only you know the method you are using. Ask God to deliver you from these sins and ask your husband to forgive you as well. Spend time daily in prayer seeking out that meek and quiet spirit that only comes from our Father in Heaven. He can restore the trust in your marriage.
Free Printable 30 Ways to Pray for My Husband Bookmarks & Checklist
These three bookmarks and checklist feature 30 Ways to Pray for Your Husband. Print the bookmarks out and use them in your Bible or devotional book. Or use the checklist in your Bible and Prayer Journal. You can reference them during your prayer time!
How to Download
- Click here to download the bookmarks without subscribing.
- Click here to download the checklist without subscribing.
- When you fill out the form below, you’ll receive an email giving you access to my entire subscriber exclusive resource library where you’ll find this and many more resources for your home and family!
- You’ll find these Praying for My Husband Bookmarks in the Family Life section of the library..
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables