As part of the Heart of Her husband series, today we’re talking about being a grateful wife and showing your husband appreciation for the work he does.
“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her.” Proverbs 31:11
I thought it would be fun to focus on different aspects of the marriage relationship or rather, how you and I can be better wives! Proverbs 31 tells us that the heart of the virtuous woman’s husband could safely trust in her. Does your husband trust you or does his hear lie in fear of what is coming?
Do you show your husband appreciation?
Your husband goes out each day and does his best to provide a home, food, clothing, and more for you and your family. Or have you let little irritants and annoying habits cloud your view of him?
When you first met the man you eventually married, I would bet that you only saw the good stuff and brushed off the bad telling yourself that those things didn’t really matter anyway. We all do it. That’s why they say love is blind! But then, once marriage comes and the honeymoon wears off those negative irritants who seemed so small before become great big nuisances.
It’s time to reclaim the good and let go of the bad. Show your husband how much you appreciate what he does for you.
If you are lucky enough to be able to stay at home while your husband works, I want to encourage you to count your blessings. Working outside the home and then coming home and still having all the household tasks to take care of is hard!
Most husbands are not that hard to please. A clean house, well-mannered children, some good food, and a pleasant wife are really all it takes to show him that you appreciate what he is doing and that you love him. Everyone wants to be appreciated. Being thankful and showing your husband you appreciate him is part of respecting him.
Articles for wives who are hurting:
If your husband is difficult to please, or you feel confused about your marriage, I want you to know you aren’t alone.
- When Your Husband is Overly Critical
- Anger and Emotional Abuse within Marriage
- Emotional Abuse
- When “Pray Harder” isn’t the Answer
Free Printable Spring Gratitude Journal
How to Download
- Click here to download without subscribing.
- When you fill out the form below, you’ll receive an email giving you access to my entire subscriber exclusive resource library where you’ll find this and many more resources for your home and family!
- You’ll find these Homemade Natural Cleaning Recipes in the At Home section of the library.
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables
Cultivating a Heart of Discipline
Join A Virtuous Woman's community of over 21,000 women where you'll find freedom from perfection and the confidence to live your life with purpose. Get my FREE BIBLE STUDY GUIDE: Cultivating a Heart of Discipline at Home!