We appreciate your interest in writing for A Virtuous Woman. We seek to provide meaningful and practical information and inspiration for today’s Christian woman. Our goal is to encourage women to be all that God desires them to be.
We are looking for creative writers who write from their hearts. We need articles in a variety of topics. We try to touch every area of a woman’s life each month. Articles should be uplifting, encouraging, or offer meaningful instruction, practical for the everyday Christian woman. Our website, A Virtuous Woman is currently reaching over 27,000 women a month! Writing for A Virtuous Woman provides you, the writer, a wonderful amount of exposure.
A Note: Writing for A Virtuous Woman has many opportunities to explore the various aspects of a woman’s life. Read our Writer’s Helps for ideas and new insights.
*Practical Articles: Personal experience as well as advice, how to’s, and more!
You may review our editorial topics here.
Tips for Good Writing:
- Hook your reader with the first sentence.
- Write in a conversational tone – pretend you are sitting next to your reader and you are talking with her.
- Use vivid descriptions to help your reader visualize what she is reading.
- Use realistic dialogue.
- Use strong action verbs.
- Sidebars are fun and helpful if you have them.
We prefer that you send your submission as a Word.doc attachment in an email to: email@example.com.
- In the upper left hand corner, include your name, address, phone number, email address, and word count.
- Check that your word count is under 1000 words.
- Double space your manuscript.
- Please Include a short 2 – 3 sentence bio statement to appear at the end of your article.
- Digital Photos for your article are welcomed and should include a release for use.
- Manuscripts should be turned in a minimum of one month in advance for A Virtuous Woman online and two months in advance for A Woman of Worth.
- Email your article to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Author/ Publisher Agreement, fill it out, sign, and date it. Then, after submitting your article(s) print a copy and mail to the address below:
We wish we could accept every good manuscript, but, unfortunately, this is not the case. You should expect to hear from us within 8 weeks of your submission. At this time we are unable to offer payment for articles.
Authors or publishers will reserve full rights to the published articles, however, we reserve the right to reprint the article, in whole or in part, in future issues or printed bound volumes of previously published issues without restriction.