You know why I love camping so much? Nature is God’s second book. And when you get outside and experience camping together as a family, you’ll discover so many wonders in God’s creation. I’m excited to be able to share some of my favorite ideas for family camping with you.
Camping is one of my all-time favorite activities to do with my family. There’s just nothing like sleeping in a tent, waking up the the fresh cool morning air, taking long hikes, and cooking over a camp fire. Our family usually camps out a few times a year.
We’ve done everything from winter camping to backpacking in the wilderness miles away from civilization.
Here you’ll find lots of ideas and resources for your next family camping trip.
Family Camping Ideas
- Camping with Kids
- How to Make Camping with Kids Easier
- Educational Opportunities while Camping
- Camping with Kids: How to Prepare
- What to Pack for Your Summer Camping Trip
- 7 Ways to Get Your Kids Excited About Camping
- 25 Camping Best Ever Recipes
- 6 Reasons I Love Camping with Kids
- October Camping and Backpacking
- 5 Homemade Natural Bug Repellents
- What to Do When It Rains on Your Camp Out
- S’mores Five Ways
- How to Plan Family Worship for a Camp Out
- Our Recent Family Camp Out
- Family Worship Lessons in Nature
Free Camping Printables
Backpacking & Camping
Hiking & Outdoor Activities
- 7 Safety Essentials for Hiking
- Our Sabbath Afternoon Hike
- 4 Ways to Encourage Your Kids to Love the Outdoors
It Was a Camp Out to Remember
- A Camp Out to Remember: Part 1
- A Camp Out to Remember: Part 2
- A Camp Out to Remember: Part 3
- A Camp Out to Remember: Part 4
- A Camp Out to Remember: Part 5
- A Camp Out to Remember: Part 6
- A Camp Out to Remember: Part 7
Join A Virtuous Woman's community of over 21,000 women where you'll find freedom from perfection and the confidence to live your life with purpose and get Instant Access to my growing library of Free Printable Resources!