Life gets busy, kids and jobs keep us distracted and couples start to disconnect. Remember when you and your husband used to go out for a date night? It used to be so easy, right?
Some quality time together is just what you need to reconnect with your husband and remember all the great times you used to have together.
5 Inexpensive Date Night Ideas
Whether it’s a special occasion or an average weekend night, hire a babysitter and enjoy some quality time together. And your date night doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are some great ideas for an inexpensive, but fun date nights.
1. Cheer on a local sports team. Most cities have amateur teams. It’s just as fun as supporting a bigger team but tickets are a lot cheaper. Your city’s non-pro baseball team probably has a few dates during the summer where tickets are as low as $5. Take your sweetie out to a ball game, sit under the stars and snuggle in the bleachers.
2. Bike rides. A lot of cities offer inexpensive and easy bikes you can rent to ride around town. This is a great way to see your community in a different way. Pack a picnic and a blanket in a back pack and enjoy an afternoon out in the sun. Or go for an evening ride and enjoy some star gazing.
3. Go to a local park and rent a canoe or peddle boat. Spending some time on the water together can be relaxing. This is usually under $25 at most places and beats another night at the movies. Plus, it’s great exercise!
4. Go for a walk downtown together on a Friday or Saturday night. There’s so much to see and it’s fun to people watch. Make up stories together about the interesting people you see. You’ll have a ton to laugh about and it will bring you closer together.
5. Ice skating. Outdoor rinks in the winter are so romantic and beautiful. Even in the summer, you can probably find an indoor rink in your area. And some offer special “date night” events. Despite being around so many other people, you will be in your own little world so you can have good conversations and enjoy some laughs as you hold each other up.
What are some fun, inexpensive date ideas you have? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
15 Minute Meal Planning
Get my FREE PRINTABLE: Meal Planning Cheat Sheet when you subscribe and get the help you need to plan your meals quickly so you have more time to do those things you love to do!