If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast you can prep ahead, this recipe for Overnight Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Chia Seeds is simple and delicious and ready to eat when you are! Overnight Oatmeal is an easy way to meal prep for busy mornings.
So, things have been crazy around our house for a while now. Every time I think things are going to get easier or slow down… we seem to just get busier!
There’s so many things I’ve wanted to share with you this summer and it just seems like I never had much time to sit down and write.
One of the biggest things that’s happened this summer was we tore out the kitchen and began renovating the house. I haven’t had a kitchen in two months! The wait will be so worth it though. The began installing my kitchen cabinets yesterday and it looks so good! Y’all I’ve waited my whole life to have a kitchen I love. And I can’t wait to start cooking again! We’ve eaten a whole lot of take out and a whole lot of microwave dinners this summer.
So, this recipe is perfect for busy mornings whether you are trying to get your kids out the door to school or you’re running out the door to work. This Overnight Peanut Butter Oatmeal is healthy and easy to make.
Overnight Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe this fall! I know we will!
- 2/3 cup of steep cut oats
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1 and 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of honey or syrup
- Chocolate chips
1. In a mason jar add in oats and milk, put in microwave for one and a half minutes to soften a bit.
2. Add in chia and stir together.
3. Add in honey or syrup, vanilla and peanut butter. Gently mix together.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Add toppings and enjoy!
Makes two servings.