Are you struggling to find joy in your mornings? As a Proverbs 31 woman, reading your Bible as part of your morning routine is a powerful way to start your day off with a focus on joy and faith. Here are 42 Joy in the Morning Bible verses to start your day off on the right foot.
Be sure to download my free printable Joy in the Morning Bible list of Bible verses at the bottom of the post.
Being Christian women we know that the Bible is our ultimate source of inspiration, hope, and strength but sometimes we forget or just get busy and don’t take the time to read His Word daily. The Word of God holds so many promises, encouragement, and wisdom that we can turn to every day. Reading your Bible each day is so important and will truly change your life.
One of my favorite passages in Psalm 30: 1- 12. You can read it below.
A Psalm of David. A song at the dedication of the temple.
Psalm 30: 1- 12
30 I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up
and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
2 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
and you have healed me.
3 O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.
4 Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name.
5 For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.
6 As for me, I said in my prosperity,
“I shall never be moved.”
7 By your favor, O Lord,
you made my mountain stand strong;
you hid your face;
I was dismayed.
8 To you, O Lord, I cry,
and to the Lord I plead for mercy:
9 “What profit is there in my death,
if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it tell of your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!
O Lord, be my helper!”
11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
you have loosed my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
3 Reasons to Read Your Bible in the Morning
- Starting your day with God sets the tone for the rest of your day: Reading your Bible in the morning helps you to focus your mind on God’s Word and Bible truths. This can help you to approach your day with a positive, God-centered mindset, which can make a big difference in how you respond to the challenges and opportunities that come your way. It helps you have self-control and patience too!
- You can experience a deeper level of spiritual growth: When you spend time reading the Scripture in the morning, you give God the opportunity to speak to you through His Word. This can help you to grow deeper in your faith and develop a closer relationship with Him. You’ll begin to see the fruit of the spirit working in your life.
- It helps you to prioritize your relationship with God: In our busy lives, it’s easy to let other things crowd out our time with God. By making it a habit to read your Bible in the morning, you prioritize your relationship with God and make it a central part of your day. This can help you to stay connected with Him throughout the day and grow in your walk with Him over the course of your lifetime.
42 Joy in the Morning Bible Verses
If you’re in need of some uplifting and joyful verses to start your day off on the right foot, then this blog post is for you! I’ve compiled 42 Joy in the Morning Bible Verses that will give you a boost of positivity, hope, and faith.
related: 5 of the Best Devotions for Moms + Free Printable
- “This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24
- “The joy of the LORD is your strength.” – Nehemiah 8:10
- “Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.” – Isaiah 60:20
- “The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” – Lamentations 3:22-23
- “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.” – Psalm 143:8
- “I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure.” – Psalm 16:8-9
- “But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.” – Psalm 59:16
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” – Psalm 28:7
- “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” – Psalm 16:11
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
- “The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” – Zephaniah 3:17
- “I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness.” – Isaiah 61:10a
- “Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.” – Psalm 31:16
- “But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.” – Psalm 68:3
- “I will sing for the one I love a song about his vineyard: My loved one had a vineyard on a fertile hillside.” – Isaiah 5:1
- “They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness.” – Psalm 89:16
- “Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” – Psalm 100:1-2
- “I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.” – Psalm 9:1
- “You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.” – Psalm 30:11
- “The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” – Psalm 23:1-3
- “The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.” – Psalm 19:8
- “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” – Psalm 94:19
- “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- “For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:2
- “Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.” – Psalm 47:1
- “Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.” – Psalm 126:5
- “The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.” – Exodus 15:2
- “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” – Psalm 20:4
- “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” – John 15:11
- “Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.” – Habakkuk 3:18
- “Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” – Zechariah 9:9
- “The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing.” – Proverbs 10:28
- “In your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” – Psalm 16:11
- “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” – Zephaniah 3:17
- “May your unfailing love come to me, LORD, your salvation, according to your promise.” – Psalm 119:41
- “So I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more.” – Isaiah 65:19
- “I will exalt you, LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” – Psalm 30:1-2
- “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:16
- “The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.” – Deuteronomy 28:12
- “For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” – Psalm 30:5
- “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:2
Action Steps to Take Today
- Pray and ask God to help you read your Bible consistently if it’s something you struggle with.
- Print my list of 30 Joy in the Morning Bible Verses to read when you need to start your morning off right and you’re looking for more joy.
- Remember that while we may face affliction in this world and experience sorrow and mourning, the kind of joy that come from the the Lord Jesus Christ endures.
As you read through these verses, I pray your heart is filled with the joy and hope that comes from knowing and trusting in God. Remember, no matter what you’re facing today, you can find strength, comfort, and peace in His Word.
Free Printable 31-Day Joy in the Morning Bible Reading Plan
How to Get the Printable
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to get the printable!
- If you’re a member of the Homemaker’s Circle, this printable can be found inside of the membership! If not, you can join today for as little as $1.00 a week and get instant access to over $500 worth of digital products and homemaking classes including The Disciplined Homemaker and A Time to Clean!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables
I hope these verses serve as a reminder that God is always with you, that He loves you unconditionally, and He has a plan and purpose for your life. So, start your day off on the right foot by meditating on His promises and giving Him thanks and praise.