From Chaos to Calm: Day 63
Making the Bed
Scripture Memory: “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
Download the .pdf version of this article.
Washing the Bed Linens: Weekly:
* In the summer months, you may wish to launder your sheets twice a week to keep them fresh.
1. Choose a day each week to wash the sheets.
2. On wash day strip the bed and pillows of all linens, including mattress cover.
3. Place linens in washing machine following the manufacturer’s directions for the care of your linens.
4. While the sheets are washing, allow the mattress to air for a while.
5. Rotate mattress if needed.
6. Make the bed following the method below.
How to Make the Bed: Weekly:
1. Place mattress cover on mattress if you are using one.
2. Take fitted sheet and stretch over mattress, pulling sides down and smoothing the sheet across the top with your hands.
3. Place flat sheet on top of fitted sheet making sure that the sides are even. When using a comforter, often the flat sheet is placed with the right side down so that when you turn it down at the top, the right side of the sheet is visible.
4. At the foot of the bed, tuck the flat sheet underneath the mattress tightly. The sheet should be smooth without rumples.
5. To correctly make a hospital corner at the foot of your bed, lift the side of the sheet and tightly tuck in the portion that is hanging down.
6. Now you may either leave the side of the sheet hanging down or tuck in the entire length of the side.
7. Place bedspread or comforter on top of flat sheet checking for even lengths on the sides.
8.Tuck the pillow into a zippered pillow cover and then into the pillow case.
9. If you have a bedspread, place the pillow at the head of the bed and pull spread over the pillow tucking the excess underneath the pillow.
10. If you are using a comforter, turn down the top of the comforter as well as the top of the flat sheet and place pillow at head of the bed.
11. Smooth any wrinkles.
How to Make the Bed: Daily:
1. Upon waking, turn the covers down to allow the sheets to air for an hour or two.
* Allowing the bed to air helps to retain a fresh smell of the linens and the bedroom. *
2. After breakfast, continue making the bed.
3. Smooth fitted sheet of any wrinkles.
4. Pull flat sheet up and smooth wrinkles.
5. Pull up blanket and/or bedspread.
6. For bedspread, place the pillow at the head of the bed and pull spread over the pillow tucking the excess underneath the pillow.
7. For comforter, turn down the top of the comforter as well as the top of the flat sheet and place pillow at head of the bed.
8. Smooth any wrinkles.
RSS Email Feeds or weekly Newsletter?