In today’s hectic world, it can be tough to remember to take a step back and appreciate all the good things that are happening in our lives. That’s why I’ve put together this list of 100 things to thank God for today.
Whether you’re dealing with a difficult situation or simply waking up to another day, there are always reasons to be grateful. So take a few minutes to read through this list and reflect on all the wonderful things you have in your life!
Everyone has something in their life that they can be thankful for, no matter how big or small it may seem. It could be as simple as having a roof over your head or a bed to sleep in at night. When you take the time to be thankful for all that you have, it makes everyday problems seem much smaller and easier to handle.
Gratitude is something that we should all strive to feel on a daily basis. It can be easy to take the good things in our lives for granted, but when we step back and really take stock of all we have to be thankful for, it can be truly humbling.
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
For me, I am grateful for my health, my family, my friends, and my home. Each day I wake up feeling healthy and able to enjoy my day is a blessing. I am also grateful for my loving family who is always there for me, and for my close friends who make life so enjoyable.
Plus, I’m thankful to have a warm and comfortable home to come back to at the end of each day. Feeling gratitude on a regular basis can really change your outlook on life, and it’s definitely something worth striving for.
Maybe you are thankful for your health or for the people in your life who make you happy. Whatever it is, being grateful for your blessings is an important part of life. Not only does it make you happier and more positive, but it also helps you to appreciate the good things in your life instead of taking them for granted.
We all have a lot to be thankful for, even on tough days. Maybe you’re just needing a reminder of the good in life or you’re working on practicing gratitude. Whatever the reason, I hope this list of blessings will bring some happiness your way.
100 Things to Thank God For Today
Here are 100 things that will make you smile and remind you of how blessed you are.
1. The ability to see, hear, and feel
2. Being given another day to live
3. The sun shining down on you
4. Having someone to love and care for you
5. Getting to wake up each morning and experience a new day
6. The ability to make a difference in someone’s life
7. The sound of laughter
8. A warm bed to sleep in at night
9. Good health
10. Pets who love you unconditionally
11. Sunrises and sunsets
12. Receiving a hug
13. Hearing someone say “I love you”
14. Watching children play
15. Flowers blooming
16. Rain falling
17. The ability to forgive
18. The ability to be forgiven
19. The taste of a favorite food
20. Ice cream on a hot day
21. A cool breeze on a warm day
22. Hot coffee or tea in the morning
23. Getting lost in a good book
24. Seeing old friends and making new ones
25. Knowing that there is something bigger than yourself out there
26. Making someone’s day better with just a smile or kind word
27. Music that touches your soul
28. Holding your baby for the first time
29. Receiving a letter in the mail
30. A rainbow after the rain
31. The smell of a home-cooked meal
32. Getting to see someone you love happy
33. Making someone laugh until they cry
34. A clean bed with fresh sheets
35. A hot shower at the end of a long day
36. The sound of your child’s voice saying “I love you”
37. A cool, clear night sky with millions of stars shining down on you
38. Knowing God loves you
39. Laughing so hard your stomach hurts
40. The way your dog jumps into your lap
41. Freshly laundered clothes
42. A cool drink on a hot day
43. A good night’s sleep
44. A new day with endless possibilities
45. The beauty of nature
46. Getting to do what you love for a living
47. The smell of a baby’s head
48. Children’s laughter
49. Holding your spouse’s hand
50. Being able to help someone in need
51. A meal with family and friends
52. A special pet to love
53. Finding money in your pocket
54. A kind act from a stranger
55. A sunny day
56. A perfect snowflake
57. The first blossom of spring
58. A friendly smile
59. Getting a good report card from your child
60. The smell of fresh paint
61. A well-played game with friends or family
62. Your favorite song on the radio
63. The feeling you get when you finally finish a long project
64. The sound of waves crashing on the shore
65. The taste of a delicious meal that you’ve cooked yourself
66. A clean house with everything in its place
67. The smell of your child’s hair after they’ve been playing outside
68. Getting lost in a good conversation
69. Wearing your favorite outfit
70. The sound of children laughing in the park
71. A warm bath after a long day
72. A cool breeze on a summer night
73. Sleeping with the windows open on a summer night
74. Cuddling with someone you love
75. Hot chocolate on a cold day
76. The smell of a campfire
77. The sound of fireworks on the Fourth of July
78. Watching a thunderstorm from inside your home, safe and warm
79. The smell of a rainstorm
80. A good Samaritan helping someone in need
81. Getting to do something you’re really good at
82. The feeling of accomplishment when you finish a tough task
83. The sound of your child’s voice saying “I made this for you”
84. The beauty of a snow-covered landscape
85. A warm, cozy fire on a cold winter night
90. A warm muffin straight out of the oven
91. A hug from a loved one
92. The sun shining through the trees on a misty morning
93. The smell of newly mown grass
94. New towels hanging in the bathroom
95. Waking up and realizing the day is still ahead of you
96. Getting to know someone new and interesting
97. A day spent with family and friends
98. A day at the beach in the summer
99. Freshly baked cookies
100. Knowing that God is always with you. 🙂
We all have a lot to be grateful for, but sometimes it’s the little things that mean the most. A kind word from a stranger. A sunny day after a week of rain. A phone call from an old friend. Taking a moment to appreciate the simple joys in life can make all the difference.
It can help us to slow down and savor each moment, instead of rushing through life without really living. It can remind us of what’s truly important, and help us to find perspective when we’re feeling down.
So next time you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a step back and remember to appreciate the little things. They just might be the most important things of all.
This was a fun post to put together and I hope you enjoyed it. I hope that this list has inspired you and given you a new perspective on the good in your life.
Be sure to share this with your friends and family on social media using the buttons below. And don’t forget to thank God for all of the good things in your life today – big and small!
Free Printable Gratitude Journal
How to Get the Printable
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to get the printable!
- If you’re a member of the Homemaker’s Circle, this printable can be found inside of the membership! If not, you can join today for as little as $1.00 a week and get instant access to over $500 worth of digital products and homemaking classes including The Disciplined Homemaker and A Time to Clean!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables