Some of my favorite memories are those moments snuggled in bed reading bedtime stories to my kids. Today I’m sharing 20 stories for kids that I’m sure you’ll love!
When my children were little we always snuggled in bed at night. After struggling to get little ones to sleep every night when they didn’t want to go to sleep, I learned the trick to having sweet, memorable nights was to simply stay with them until they fell asleep. We would talk, read books, and just enjoy each other. Those are the sweetest memories!
Reading fun bedtimes stories for kids before they go to sleep is one way you can connect with your children from early on. I highly encourage you to enjoy bedtime. Those years pass quicker than you realize! My youngest is 17 now and I still like to tuck my girls into bed every night. We don’t read bedtime stories any more, but we do talk and it’s something I treasure!
I hope you’ll find some bedtimes stories for your kids in the list below!
Bedtime Stories for Kids
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Pete the Cat and the Bedtime Blues by Kimberly & James Dean
- The Tractor Who Wants to Fall Asleep by Carl-Johan Forssen Ehrlin
- Big Enough for a Bed by Apple Jordan
- Bear Can’t Sleep by Karma Wilson
- I Don’t Want to Go to Sleep by Dev Petty
- Snoozby and the Great Big Bedtime Battle by Terry Cralle & W David Brown
- The Little Elephant Who Wants to Fall Asleep by Carl-Johan Forssén Ehrlin
- Catch The Moon by Efrat Haddi
- Goodnight Princess by Michelle Robinson
- I’ll See You in the Morning by Mike Jolley
- If Animals Kissed Good Night by Ann Whitford Paul
- A Big Kid Bed is Coming! by Liz Fletcher
- Dr Seuss’s Sleep Book by Dr Seuss
- The Going-To-Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
- The Pajama Zoo Parade by Agnes Green
- Sweet Dreams Lullaby by Betsy E. Snyder
- The Goodnight Train by June Sobel
- Llama Llama Nighty-Night by Anna Dewdney
- Dinosaur vs. Bedtime by Bob Shea