As Christian women and moms, we all understand the importance of building relationships with other women who share our faith and values. However, initiating conversations with other moms can be challenging, especially if you don’t know them well or are meeting them for the first time. And if you’re shy like me it’s even harder!
But don’t worry, there are plenty of conversation starters that we can use to create meaningful connections with other Christian moms. Today I’m sharing some of these conversation starters for moms and I hope they will help you build new friendships!
Be sure to download my free printable conversation starters ideas for moms at the bottom of the post!
Making friends as an adult isn’t as easy as it sounds. It can be a real struggle to initiate conversations with people you don’t know and sometimes it’s hard to think of something to say. Conversation starters are a great way to help you think of things to say and connect with other moms. Hopefully, the effort you put into starting conversations with other women will help you build supportive relationships.
The Bible is filled with verses about the importance of building relationships and encouraging one another. Here are a few verses to keep in mind as we connect with other moms:
- Romans 12:10 – “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 – “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact, you are doing.”
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 – “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.”
Finding Common Ground with Other Women: Video
Things you can initially talk to other moms about:
- Ask about their family: Asking about someone’s family is a great way to start a conversation. You can ask about their children, how they’re doing, and if they have any exciting updates to share.
- Share your own experiences: Sharing your own experiences is an excellent way to connect with other moms. You can share a funny story or a challenging moment you’ve experienced as a mom.
- Talk about your faith: As Christian moms, our faith is a significant part of our lives. You can ask about the other mom’s faith journey, what church they attend, and if they have any favorite Bible verses or devotionals.
- Discuss common interests: Common interests such as hobbies, books, or movies can be a great conversation starter. You can ask the other mom if they have read any good books lately or what their favorite movie is.
Conversation Starters for Moms
The goal in any conversation with someone you don’t know very well is to find common ground. Here is a list of conversation starters for Christian moms to help you get to know each other better.
- How many children do you have?
- What are your children’s ages and names?
- What do you enjoy doing with your kids?
- Do you have any favorite family traditions or activities?
- What is your favorite Bible verse or devotional?
- How did you come to know Christ?
- Do you attend a church? Which one?
- What do you like to do for self-care?
- Have you read any good books lately?
- Do you have any hobbies or special interests?
- Have you ever been on a mission trip?
- What is your favorite thing about being a mom?
- How do you balance work and family life?
- What has been the most challenging part of motherhood for you?
- What is your favorite family-friendly restaurant or activity in town?
- Have you ever attended a Christian conference or retreat? Which one?
- Do you have any favorite podcasts or sermons that you love?
- What is your favorite Bible story to share with your children?
- What are some fun family traditions you do during holidays or special occasions?
- What is the most important lesson you hope to teach your children?
- How do you incorporate prayer into your daily routine?
- Do you have any tips for raising kids in a digital age?
- What are your favorite family vacation destinations?
- Have you ever participated in a Bible study or book club with other moms? Which one?
- What are some ways you encourage your children to serve others?
- What is your favorite thing to do for a family fun night?
- What is the most valuable lesson you’ve learned as a mom?
- What are some fun activities or games you enjoy doing with your family?
- What is your favorite way to celebrate special occasions or milestones?
Frequently asked questions:
How do I start a conversation without being too pushy or nosy?
Starting a conversation with someone new can be intimidating, and it’s important to be respectful and mindful of their boundaries. The key is to ask open-ended questions that allow the other person to share as much or as little as they want.
For example, instead of asking a yes or no question, ask something like, “Tell me about your family.” If the other mom seems hesitant to share, respect their boundaries, and move on to another topic.
What if the other mom doesn’t seem interested in talking?
It’s possible that the other mom is just having a bad day or is feeling shy. If you sense that they aren’t interested in talking, don’t take it personally. It’s okay to move on and try to connect with someone else.
Remember, not everyone is going to be receptive to having a conversation, but that doesn’t mean you should stop trying to connect with other Christian moms.
How do I follow up and maintain the relationship after the initial conversation?
After the initial conversation, it’s essential to follow up and continue to build the relationship. You can exchange contact information and suggest getting together for a playdate, coffee, or a Bible study. You can also connect with them on social media and continue to engage with them online.
The key is to be intentional and consistent in your efforts to maintain the relationship. Keep in mind that building relationships takes time and effort, but the rewards are well worth it!
Conversation starters are a great tool for Christian moms to use to make new friends and create meaningful connections. As we follow Christ’s example and love one another, we can initiate conversations with kindness, authenticity, and genuine interest in others.
Remember to be yourself, listen actively, and most importantly, have fun! With these conversation starters, you’ll be able to build strong, supportive relationships with other Christian moms in no time.
Free Printable Conversation Starters for Moms
Want to build meaningful connections with other Christian moms? Download our free printable of 29 Conversation Starters for Moms today!
How to Get the Printable
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to get the printable!
- If you’re a member of the Homemaker’s Circle, this printable can be found inside of the membership! If not, you can join today for as little as $1.00 a week and get instant access to over $500 worth of digital products and homemaking classes including The Disciplined Homemaker and A Time to Clean!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables