Every Christian mother knows that prayer is important for her family. But sometimes praying can seem hard to do, especially when you are living in a busy world with lots of distractions. Today I’m sharing eleven everyday prayer starter ideas that moms can pray any time they want to talk to God and connect with Him.
Be sure to download my free printable prayer starter ideas at the bottom of the post!
It can be hard to pray when you’re a busy mom. Prayer is one of the most important things we can do as Christians, but it’s easy to get stuck in a rut or not know how to pray.
These prayer starters will help you set aside some time each day to communicate with your heavenly Father in a special way. He loves hearing from you every single day, so be sure not to miss out on this important opportunity just because of your busy schedule.
11 Everyday Prayer Starter Ideas for Moms
You can use these prayer starters as part of your daily quiet time or just any time you’re ready to connect with God. They’d also be perfect for using in your prayer journal.
Remember that no matter what is going on in your life right now—God wants nothing more than to hear from YOU today!
It’s important to take time to pray, but it can be hard when you’re busy with your kids all day long. Here are 11 easy prayer starter ideas that you can use throughout your day – even if it’s just for a few minutes or so at a time.
What is a prayer starter?
A prayer starter is a simple way to focus your mind and get rid of distractions so you can focus on prayer. These prayer starter ideas will help you to get in the right frame of mind, or state of heart, and can help you when you feel at a loss for words.
You can talk to God about anything that’s on your heart, but there may be times when you don’t know what to pray for. The prayer starters listed below can help you to focus your thoughts and get started.
Learn more about prayer in a few of my other posts:
- Praying through Proverbs 31 | a Proverbs 31 Prayer
- Praying through Proverbs 31 | a Proverbs 31 Prayer
- 5 of the Best Devotions for Moms + Free Printable
- Morning Prayer Prompts | Free Printable Prayer Prompts
What are prayers for moms?
A prayer for moms can be as simple as “Dear Lord, please help me to be patient with my kids today. Help me to show them Your love and lead them in the right direction. Amen.”
Or you could pray for your specific children by name: “Dear God, thank You for blessing me with (name of child). Please protect and guide them through their day. Amen.” Here are a few more ideas for what to pray for:
- When you get ready in the morning – ask God to help you start each day focused on Him.
- When your kids wake up – thank God that they’re healthy and safe, and then list the blessings He’s given them (or just one blessing).
- When you drop off your kids at school – pray for them and the other children, teachers and staff.
- As soon as you get home from dropping your kids off – take a minute to thank God that they are safely in their classroom(s), then ask Him to bless the day ahead of them.
- As you fold the laundry – pray for each of your family members and thank God for giving you the task of caring for them.
- Before dinner – talk with God about how grateful you are for the food you have, and then ask Him to bless the meal and those who will be eating it.
- When your kids go to bed – pray that they’ll have sweet dreams and that God will keep them safe throughout the night.
There’s no right or wrong way to pray! Just take some time each day to connect with God and thank Him for every blessing He’s given you. Prayers do not need to long and drawn out to connect your heart to the heart of God. You can pray at any time you feel like talking to Him.
As I reflect on my own prayer life, it has been both challenging and encouraging to me. For years, I have tried to make a point of praying first thing in the morning before anything else gets started (which can be challenging as a mom. Then, I pray throughout the day in little snippets of time that God gives me.
As I’ve said before, God meets you where you are at. Put Him first and He will make the way possible.
Prayer Starter Idea #1
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me another day of life. This day is yours and I’m so grateful for this day. Thank you for my health, for my home, for my precious family, and all those people who are around me. Please help me to…
Prayer Starter Idea #2
Dear Lord, When I am weak, you are strong. You are always there in times of trouble. Please help me to see Your hand in this day. Help me to take comfort in the assurance that You will never forsake me. Help me to remember that even when life seems mundane and so repetitive that You have a plan for my time. Thank you for loving me so much. Please help me to remember…
Prayer Starter Idea #3
Dear Heavenly Father, my heart is filled with so many emotions today and I feel overwhelmed. Please help me to keep my eyes on your today so that I can be the wife and mother you would have me to be. Help me to remember that I don’t have to be perfect and that Your grace is sufficient. Please be with…
Prayer Starter Idea #4
Dear Lord, thank You for waking me up this morning and giving me another day to live out your plan for my life. I’m so grateful that You know exactly what is going to happen today and you’ve gone before me. Please help us see the truth of who I am in You. What a treasure it is that I get to be a partaker of your plan here on this earth. You’ve given me a great responsibility in raising these children. Please help me to be…
Prayer Starter Idea #5
Dear Lord, I thank you so much for the chance to rest in You today. You offer true rest and freedom from the burdens of this life. Thank you for taking my worries and carrying them for me. I can’t do it without you. Some days are just so hard. Please help me to enjoy this time with my children while they are still little and…
Prayer Starter Idea #6
Dear Heavenly Father, I have a habit of worrying and I want to give my worry to You, Lord. This day is full of unknowns – but You know exactly what will happen today. Please give me patience today to wait on Your plans instead of trying to take things into my own hands. Help me to remember that You are in control and I can trust You with everything in my life. Please help me to …
Prayer Starter Idea #7
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day – even though I know that it will not be easy. Please help me to find peace in You today, even if there is no one else is around who understands what I’m going through and all of the different emotions are weighing on my heart. Help me to remember that you see everything and Your eyes never sleep at night or fail during the day. Thank you for keeping me safe and for helping to heal the wounds in my heart. Please be with…
Prayer Starter Idea #8
Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for the little ones in my care, and please help me in knowing how to best love and care for them today. Help me never forget that they are a gift from You so that I may always treat them as such! Please help me to be the mom…
Prayer Starter Idea #9
Dear Heavenly Father, may I appreciate today for all it is – a blessing. Please help me to see this day as it is: a gift; that my eyes may be opened wide with astonishment at the breathtaking beauty You have woven into every moment. Lord, please be with…
Prayer Starter Idea #10
Dear God, thank you for another chance to see and experience so many wonderful things today. Help me to be more grateful for You this day – because you deserve all my praise! Please help me to be grateful for…
Prayer Starter Idea #11
Heavenly Father, I’m not always sure what’s going on in my life, but that’s all right since Your plans are better than anything I could have imagined. Please help me to recognize Your hand in everything that happens and may I continue to keep my eyes on You so that when adversity strikes, it may be a chance for us to draw even closer together. May You be glorified in all that I do today, and may our eyes continue to be fixed on Your perfect will for us – because the journey is worth it! Please help me to…
Your walk with God
Your walk with God is unique. No one else has had the exact same experience with God as you. Your prayers will be distinct from anyone elses. So remember, there are no perfect prayers – God doesn’t want the right words; He wants to hear our hearts speak naturally and honestly.
Actions Steps to Take Today
- Choose a prayer starter to begin praying today. Use it to get your prayer started and throughout the day as needed.
- Download my free printable Prayer Starter Idea Cards below, if desired.
- Use the prayer starter ideas in your Bible & Prayer Notebook or use them when writing in your prayer journal.
I hope you’ve found some inspiration for your prayer time from these prayer starter ideas.
I know that as a mom, it can be difficult at times to find time to talk to God in our busy lives. Thank you again for reading! I pray that you are encouraged by what has been shared here today!
Free Printable Prayer Starter Ideas for Busy Moms
How to Get the Printable
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to get the printable!
- If you’re a member of the Homemaker’s Circle, this printable can be found inside of the membership! If not, you can join today for as little as $1.00 a week and get instant access to over $500 worth of digital products and homemaking classes including The Disciplined Homemaker and A Time to Clean!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables