Welcome to day one of the Proverbs 31 Prayer Challenge! Today we’re looking at the introduction to this series. I want you to know that God loves you so much. We can rejoice because God loves us with an everlasting love.
“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” Isaiah 61:10
The passage of Proverbs 31 evokes different images and feelings in different people. But being a Proverbs 31 woman today isn’t unattainable.
A virtuous woman is simply a woman who places her faith in Jesus and lives out His purpose for her life.
It’s time to give your life over to Christ anew. Whether you’ve been a believer for many years or you are new to the Christian faith, you can ask Jesus today to clothe you in His robe of righteousness.
I’m so thankful we have a savior who loves us so much that He was willing to die for you and me. That we might have eternal life.
We can rejoice today because He is faithful and just.
Someone recently asked me if Proverbs 31 applied to her because she single and has no children. And if that description applies to you today, I want you to know that, yes, Proverbs 31 is relevant for your life today!
In actuality, Proverbs 31 is a dual prophecy. There is a literal, practical application, and there is a spiritual application.
The passage of Proverbs 31, the virtuous woman represents God’s pure people, the bride of Christ. The virtuous woman of Proverbs 31 represents God’s church!
There is so much depth and beauty found in the passage of Proverbs 31. I’m excited for this Proverbs 31 Prayer Challenge. I’m glad you’re here!
Proverbs 31 Prayer Challenge
Dear Heavenly Father,
I rejoice in you and my soul praises your name. You sent your son to die in my place despite the fact that I was yet a sinner. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends. Jesus died for me.
Today I ask you to clothe me in your robe of righteousness. Help me to become your disciple. As we pray through the passage of Proverbs 31 this month, I ask that you show me exactly what I need to see.
I know you have a plan for my life. I thank you for loving me that much.
Setting Up a Prayer Basket
Suggested Materials :
- favorite pen
- colored pencils
- box of kleenex
- blank journal or notebook
- devotion book
- box of notecards
If you’ve never put together a special space just for prayer time, it’s one way you can make your devotion time easier. Having everything you might want during your prayer time in one place can ease distractions and make your time more efficient.
This is optional and certainly not necessary. But it could fun!
Action Steps to Take Today
- Pray and ask God to fully understand what was done for you at the cross.
- Rejoice knowing you are a child of the Most High God and that nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.
- Ask God to ready your heart for the things you will learn about His Word and about yourself during this challenge.
- Put together a prayer basket and download my free bookmarks below, if desired.
Free Printable Bookmarks
How to Download
- Click here to download without subscribing.
- When you fill out the form below, you’ll receive an email giving you access to my entire subscriber exclusive resource library where you’ll find this and many more resources for your home and family!
- You’ll find these sweet Bookmarks in the Abundant Living section of the library.
- Print onto card stock and cut out!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables