“Two are better than one…” Ecclesiastes 4:9
You and your husband need time alone to connect with one another and just enjoy each other’s company. Married life can be really hectic and it’s easy to let your relationship get pushed to the back burner. I struggle at times with making time alone with my husband a priority, so if you’re in the same boat as me and don’t have a lot of money to spend, I thought it’d be fun to share a few ideas with you.
If you are on a budget, but want to continue dating your husband, hope is not lost! There’s lots of ways to have a fun date night that won’t cost an arm and a leg. Today I’m sharing some of my favorite cheap date night ideas!
8 Cheap Date Night Ideas
1. Volunteer Together! Pair up with your honey and head to your local animal or homeless shelter or soup kitchen to volunteer together. It feels great to help others and it will bring you closer together.
2. Check out Local Museums and Visitors Centers! Many museums have free or discounted dates and lots of visitors centers have museum quality exhibits and are free to walk into. It’s a fun way to spend time together and let’s face it, learning is always fun!
3. Hit up the Local Nickel Arcade! Do you have a nickel arcade nearby? Pack up your sweetheart and $5 to $10 and head to the nickel arcade for a day of feeling like you are a kid again!
4. Bowling! As long as you keep it reasonable, bowling is a cheap date night idea. Games are often only $1-$2 per game and shoes are cheap to rent too. Avoid the food and drinks and play only 1 or 2 games and you can easily stay in the $10 range. Just don’t forget socks! You do not want to put your bare feet in those shoes!
related: Keeping the Romance Alive
5. Be Workout Buddies! Exercise is great to do, but can also bring couples together. Getting fit together is a fantastic way to get closer to each other. Couples that sweat together, stay together!
6. Take a Hike! Hiking is a fun way to spend alone time with your significant other. Hikes are cheap and a great way to connect with nature and enjoy nature and some beautiful views.
7. Enjoy a Sunset! Take a blanket to your local park or even the back yard and bring along a bottle of sparkling cider. Enjoy a beautiful sunset and a glass of cider for a super cheap date idea, but the quality time cannot be beat.
8. Take a Walk! Similar to the hiking date, but not as physical. After dinner take a walk around your neighborhood with your husband and hold hands. It’s a great way to get a little bit of exercise and end your day together.
What’s your favorite cheap date night idea?
Join A Virtuous Woman's community of over 21,000 women where you'll find freedom from perfection and the confidence to live your life with purpose. Get my FREE HOLIDAY CLEANING CHECKLIST to get your home ready for the holidays!