My list for my meal rotation for the year is based on how many times I want to prepare these meals for my family each month. The numbers you see next to each meal represent the number of times per month we would eat this meal.
1. Pancakes and Little Links x 4
2. Grits x 4
3. Cream of Wheat or Cereal and Yogurt x 2
4. Oatmeal x 8
5. Biscuits and Tomato Gravy, TVP Sausage Patties x 4
6. Breakfast Casserole, Yogurt, Fruit x 1
9. English Muffins, Eggs, Jam, TVP Sausage Patties x 3
10. Breakfast Burritos x 4
1. Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Tomato Soup x 4
2. Lentils and Onions, Couscous, Flat Bread x 2
3. Stewed Tomatoes and Rice, Cornbread x 2
4. Chili Macaroni x 2
5. Ramen Noodle Soup x 4
6. Macaroni and Cheese, Green Peas x 2
7. Bean Burritos x 2
8. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Fruit x 3
9. Vegetable Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches x 4
10. Mushroom Soup, Crackers x 3
11. Chickpea Salad Sandwiches, Pasta Salad x 2
12. Broccoli Salad x 1
13. Chinese Stir Fry, Asian Lettuce Wraps, Mondu, Egg Rolls x 1
14. Baked Potatoes, Cheesy Veggies x 2
1. Spaghetti, Green Beans or Salad, Garlic Toast
2. Falafel, Hummus, Tabouli or Couscous, Flat Bread, Tahini Sauce
3. Sloppy Joes, Macaroni and Cheese, Green Peas or Other Vegetable
4. Mexican Pie, Hominy, Tortilla Chips, Salsa
5. “Chicken” Pot Pie, Three Bean Salad or Spiced Beets, Pineapple Cheese Casserole
6. Taco Soup, Tortilla Chips, Salsa
7. Bean Soup, Cornbread, Sweet Potatoes, Pepperoncini Peppers
8. Chili, Cornbread
9. Vegetable “Steaks,” Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Beans or Salad
10. Veggie “Skallops,” Tartar Sauce, Rutabagas, Saute’d Squash
11. Lasagna, Green Veggies, Garlic Toast
12. “Choplets”, Rice, Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Deviled Eggs
13. Tortilla Soup, Tortilla Chips
14. “Chicken” and Dumplings
15. “Meatloaf,” or Oatmeal “Meatloaf”, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Peas, Deviled Eggs
16. Hamburgers, Macaroni or Potato Salad, Buttered Corn
17. Kale Soup or Italian Wedding Soup, Cornbread
18. Pizza, Salad
19. “Beefaroni,” Salad or Green Veggie, Garlic Toast
20. Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms, Broccoli or Salad, Garlic Toast
21. “Terkettes,” Corn Pudding, Veg-all Casserole
22. “Chicken” Patties, Gravy or BBQ Sauce, Creamed Corn, Butter Beans, Rolls
23. Oatmeal Patties, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes or Rice, Lima Beans, Pear Salad,
24. Shoepeg Stew, Farmhouse Cornbread, Carrots
25. Black Bean Soup, Cornbread
26. “Chicken” Noodle Soup, Crackers, Spiced Beets
27. Enchiladas, Tortilla Chips, Spanish Rice, Salsa, Salad
28. “Tuna” Noodle Casserole, Apple Onion Carrots, Rolls
29. Chili or Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
30. Garden Vegetable Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
31. Tacos or Taco Salad or Haystacks
2. Peach Cobbler
3. Pound Cake
4. Apple Pie or Crisp
5. Chocolate Cup Cakes
6. White Cake
7. Banana Pudding
8. Oatmeal Cookies
9. Peanut Butter Cookies
10. Thumbprint Cookies
1. You’ll notice some menu items are in “quotes.” This is because our family is vegetarian and the recipes I use call for a vegetarian substitute or equivalent for the meat.
2. Salad would be added to any of the above meals when available. I love Salad!
3. Recipes calling for cheese would be changed in the event that cheese was not available. For instance if I have soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, but no cheese available, I would simply toast the bread.
4. My Supper Menu List has 30 different meals. I really like to eat a variety of foods, so I can serve each meal once a month. No appetite fatigue for us!
5. Desserts are an essential part of your food storage. Sweets make life a little sweeter and will cheer your children even if the world is falling apart. And sweets aren’t just for desserts. Having a good supply and variety of homemade jams and jellies (or store bought if you do not can) to spread on homemade bread would be a real treat as well!
6. Homemade Pickles, Pickled Beets, Pickled Peaches, and other condiments can also be served and add variety to the flavors and last for a long time in storage.
7. Recipes requiring milk are easily changed using powdered milk.
8. On top of having your food storage for your menu list, I would suggest storing a good number and variety of dried beans, lots and lots of spices, a lot of cooking oil, and lots of water.