Halloween is coming up and if you’re not celebrating, you may find yourself feeling out of place. So what can Christians do to celebrate an alternative way? Today I’m sharing some ideas for Christians who don’t celebrate Halloween.
Many Christians are unsure what to do on October 31st, since it is Halloween. There are many different opinions about the holiday among Christians, but some (like my family) have decided that they would rather not participate in any way. If you’re a Christian who doesn’t celebrate Halloween, don’t worry, you are not alone!
Many Christian parents feel like they have to choose between celebrating with their children or teaching them the values of their faith. Maybe you’re worried that your children will feel left out.
related: 10 Alternatives to Halloween for Christians | Fun Activities for Christians
10 Ideas for Christians Who Don’t Celebrate Halloween
Here are some ideas from a mom who doesn’t celebrate Halloween:
- Go apple picking with your kids
- Have a harvest party with friends and family
- Decorate pumpkins together at home or go pumpkin picking at a pumpkin farm
- Make homemade treats like apple pie, caramel apples, popcorn balls, sugar cookies etc.
- Host a fun movie night with family and friends
- Go to the pumpkin patch
- Participate in a local church’s trunk or treat program
- Dress up in Bible costumes and attend a party at a local church
- Host a family game night and serve chili or another favorite fall meal
- Visit a corn maze and enjoy eating popcorn balls as a treat
These are just some simple ideas, but you can do absolutely anything without celebrating Halloween. Enjoy time spent with those who matter most this holiday season!
I hope this post has given you a few ideas for how to celebrate the holiday season in a way that is both meaningful and fun. What are your favorite alternative ways of celebrating Halloween? Be sure to share with us on our social media channels or by leaving a comment below. Thanks so much for reading!