Beginning your day with God is truly the most important thing you can do each day. Remember, the Proverbs 31 woman life is lived in faith. She has a close relationship with God. She spends time with Him. Today I’m sharing 30 Morning Prayer Prompts to help you create the habit of spending time with God each day.
Also, be sure to download my free printable morning prayer prompts at the bottom of the post!
If you’ve found it difficult to have a regular time with Jesus every day, you’re not alone. Lots of busy Christian women struggle to find time for a daily prayer and devotion time. I always encourage women to begin their day with God.
If it’s hard to take 30 minutes in the morning for a quiet time, I want you to remember you can still begin your day with God – even if that means saying a short prayer before your feet hit the floor in the morning.
I want to encourage you to memorize this verse:
“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.” Psalm 143:8
In the morning you can recite this verse and say a prayer. It doesn’t have to take a long time. Although – if you do have time – you will be greatly blessed by spending more time in prayer and devotion.
God knows exactly where you’re at. He sees you waking up exhausted when the baby cries at 5 am. He sees you when you wake up after a long night of caring for a sick child. He sees you labor each day to care for your family and to get your work done.
He sees you.
And He wants to have a conversation with you. It’s my hope that these morning prayer prompts will help you draw closer to Jesus and learn to start every day with Him.
30 Morning Prayer Prompts
You can use these morning prayer prompts to help you think of new ways to pray. Be sure to grab the free printable prayer prompts at the bottom of the post!
- Ask God to help you look forward to your time with Him.
- Ask God to give you a purpose today.
- Pray for a neighbor today.
- Pray for peace in your heart about something that’s bothering you.
- Pray for your spouse or loved one.
- Thank God for three things in your life that make you happy.
- Pray for a sick church member.
- Praise God for His free gift of salvation.
- Ask God to help you let go of the bondage of perfectionism.
- Intercede on a friend’s behalf about something they are struggling with.
- Thank God for someone in your life who is always there for you.
- Ask God to help you have patience today.
- Pray for your family to be drawn closer to Jesus.
- Pray for someone who is grieving today.
- Ask God to lay someone on your heart who needs to feel God’s love today.
- Pray for someone who needs physical and spiritual healing today.
- Pray for your family’s finances and ask God to give you financial wisdom.
- Thank God for the place you live and ask Him to help you enjoy making it a home.
- Pray for your children today or a friend’s children.
- Ask God to help you sing praises in your heart all day long – even when things aren’t ideal.
- Ask God to lead you to someone who needs to hear the Good News of Jesus.
- Ask God to help you live with intention today.
- Intercede on someone’s behalf who you know is having a difficult time.
- Thank God for your family and ask Him to help you love them well.
- Praise God for His everlasting love, grace, and mercy.
- Ask God to help you dwell on that which is good and to put away that which is evil.
- Thank God for three blessings in your life today.
- Ask God to help you have more joy.
- Ask God to help you go about your tasks today with a sweet and humble spirit.
- Praise God for answering your prayers. Ask Him to help you trust Him more.
I hope you are blessed by the prayer prompts. I may try to share more of these soon. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
In the morning when I rise…
On the printable morning prayer prompts below I titled it, In the morning when I rise… and if you aren’t familiar with the hymn Give Me Jesus, I wanted to share it with you below. It’s one of my favorites.
This version is sung by one of my all time favorite artists, Fernado Otega. You can purchase the hymn here. I love to play his music in our home. It sets such a sweet atmosphere.
Action Steps You Can Take Today
- Pray and ask God to help you begin each day with Him.
- Ask Him to show you what your prayer time should look like during this current season of your life.
- Download my free printable 30 Morning Prayer Prompts below, if desired.
- Print out the prayer prompts and use them in your prayer journal, keep them by your bed, or place them where you are most likely to use them.
Free Printable Prayer Prompts
How to Download
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to my 30 Morning Prayer Prompts.
- You’ll receive two pages to print – the prayer prompts and a coordinating journaling page if you want to write out your prayers.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to download!
Why should I subscribe?
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables