I love summer time. The bounty of fresh from the garden (or farmer’s market) produce is such a blessing!
Yellow squash and zucchini are usually found in abundance. Even if you don’t have a garden of your own, you probably have friends who do – and you will end up with some of their overflowing blessings!
I just recently put up six quart bags of squash into the freezer and I hope to be able to put up more before the summer is over. It’s easy!
How to Freeze Summer Squash
- Wash your squash and cut it into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices.
- Blanch sliced squash by dropping small batches into boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Cool squash by placing into icy water to stop the cooking process.
- Fill quart size freezer bags with the blanched squash.
- Be sure to label the bags with the contents and date!
I’ll be posting more ways to use up your summer squash as the week progresses!
You can find the rest of the posts in this series here.
I have shared this post with Homestead Revival’s Barn Hop. Be sure to stop by for a visit!