Exodus: A Parallel for the End Times: #1
This morning as we walked into church I was inspired to write a series of articles on how Exodus is an example or parallel to the end times – how God protects His people and will one day soon deliver us home to the Promised Land.
To begin, let’s look at how Moses was a type of Christ. A “type of Christ” means that there are significant similarities between the life of Moses and the life of Jesus Christ.
- Pharaoh tried to kill Moses as a baby: Exodus 1:22
- King Herod tried to kill baby Jesus: Matthew 2:16
- Moses was raised in Egypt by the Pharaoh’s daughter to save his life: Exodus 2:3-4
- Jesus and his parents fled to Egypt to preserve His life: Matthew 2:13-15
- Moses went from being a prince of Egypt to a pauper: Exodus 2:15-19
- Jesus went from being God to being man: John 1:1-3; Mark 6:3
- Moses became a shepherd: Exodus 3:1
- Jesus is the Good Shepherd: John 10:11
- Moses’ mission was to redeem Israel from slavery to Egypt
- Jesus’ mission is to redeem mankind from slavery to sin
- Moses was often rejected by his own people
- Jesus was often rejected by His own people
- Moses spent 40 days fasting on the mountain: 24:18;34:28
- Jesus spent 40 days fasting in the desert wilderness: Matthew 4:2
- Moses offered his life for the salvation of his people after the sin of the Golden Calf: Exodus 32:33-33
- Jesus offered His life for the salvation of the world: Isaiah 53:12; Romans 5:12; 6:10; 2 Corinthians 5:15-21; Colossians 1:19-20; 2:14-15; 1 John 1:7; 2:2; etc.
There are probably other parallels that I have not listed. Which ones do you see? Let me know!
Here’s an image you can share on Facebook or Pinterest. I appreciate your support! Of course, feel free to use the one above as well.
I believe this will be an exciting and thought provoking study. I hope you will join me next week!
Free Holiday Planner
Join A Virtuous Woman's community of over 14,000 women where you'll find freedom from perfection and the confidence to live your life with purpose. Subscribe and get my FREE HOLIDAY PLANNER with 120 pages & 8 Week Plan to keep you organized this holiday season!