Sometimes it’s just really hard not to stress, worry, or fret. Especially when life in general feels out of control. That’s why today I’m sharing five things you can do when you feel overwhelmed by life and want to find peace.
Does life every feel out of control? I know I’ve felt that way. Real life is rarely easy. And real life can be very messy.
Real life has bumps and pot holes along the way. But the good news is that we have a Savior who is always there ready to comfort our weary hearts.
You can find peace today.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6,7
I want you to know, really know, that God loves you. Peace
How to Find Peace Today
Here are four things you can do when you feel overwhelmed by life and want to find peace:
The first and most important thing you can do (and should do} is ask God for help. I know that sometimes it might feel as if God doesn’t hear your prayers – especially when you are in the thick of turmoil.
God answers prayer in three different ways.
- Sometimes He says, “Yes, child. Now is the time.”
- Sometimes He says, “Child, I love you and you think this is best for you, but I know better.”
- Sometimes He says, “My child, I know you are anxious, but you’ll have to wait just a little bit longer – because I know the beginning from the end. And if you could see how things will work together for good you would understand why.”
We need to trust that God’s plan is the best plan. Even when we can’t understand right now. I want to encourage you today that God does hear your prayers and He feels your pain. I’ve had many prayers answered after years of praying. There is always hope.
2. Set Priorities
Sometimes we feel overwhelmed by life because we’ve lost sight of our priorities. What is really important? Are you too busy? Do you spend too much time doing things that are selfish? Or maybe you don’t manage your time well.
Whatever the reason, it never hurts to re-evaluate your priorities and determine whether or not how you spend your time lines up with your priorities.
3. Set Boundaries
I’m a people pleaser. I enjoy serving my family. I enjoy serving at church. I often feel guilty when saying no – or even standing up for myself.
However, I’ve learned the hard way that it is important to set boundaries within our relationships, at home, and with our time if we want to be emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually healthy.
4. Get Organized
And finally, if you’re feeling overwhelmed and your home is in chaos or disorder, it’s likely time to really get organized. Clutter can take over quite quickly and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by clutter – especially if other areas of your life have been chaotic.
Getting your home really organized, though, does not happen overnight. It takes time and effort. And then it requires maintenance if you want to stay organized.
If you, like me, feel like the nooks and crannies of your home are in severe need of some TLC – or even the whole house – you need to make a plan.
A plan of action will help you move from dreaming to doing. Change requires action.
Action Steps to Take Today
- Spend some time in prayer and contemplation about your life and home.
- Ask God to show you how you can better spend your time.
- Choose one small area of your home to better organize today that will help you have less stress.
- Download my free printable prayer journal, “Be Still and Know I Am God” below.
Free Printable Prayer Journal
How to Download
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email with the link to download your free printable prayer journal page from my exclusive resource library for subscribers only!
- You’ll also receive helpful emails and updates from me on a regular basis. I can’t wait to get to know you better!