Every Christian should be prepared to testify of the work God has done in his or her life. As Proverbs 31 women, we want to be ready to share how good He is! Today I’m sharing how to write your testimony in 3 easy steps – plus six free printable worksheets to help you write your own testimony!
Be sure to download the free printable worksheets at the bottom of the post!
Writing your testimony is a great way to get comfortable sharing your testimony. Once you write out your story you can review it and share it with people you meet or even share it when speaking to an audience.
I’ve shared my testimony to women’s groups before and it’s helpful to have an easy outline to follow.
related: God Redeems Our Mistakes
How to Write Your Testimony in 3 Easy Steps
Sharing your testimony is a great way to share the Good News and impact other people’s lives for the kingdom of Heaven. When Jesus healed the man possessed by demons, he told the man to go home and share his testimony!
“The man from whom the demons had gone begged that he might be with him, but Jesus sent him away, saying, “Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him.” Luke 8:38-39
So let’s talk about how to write your testimony. It’s easier than you might think!
#1 Believe your testimony needs to be shared.
Whether you were raised in church and always believed in Jesus or you came to the cross later in life after many years of trial, your testimony is important and should be used to further the gospel message. Ask God to give you opportunities to share your testimony.
“Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself.” 1 John 5:10a
#2 Spend time praying before you prepare your testimony.
Ask God to show you what parts of your story should be shared in your testimony. Which parts of your story demonstrate His goodness? Which parts should be kept private or be only vaguely referenced in your story? What is the overarching theme of your testimony?
If you read Acts 26 you’ll find an example of Paul giving his testimony and sharing the story of his own conversion on the road to Damascus. He gives a good picture of his life before and his life after coming to Jesus.
“To this day I have had the help that comes from God, and so I stand here testifying both to small and great, saying nothing but what the prophets and Moses said would come to pass:” Acts 26:22
#3 Use a simple outline.
Your testimony should answer these questions:
- What was my life like before?
- How did I come to know Jesus as my Savior?
- How is my life different now?
You should be able to give a short testimony just a few short sentences and be able to share your testimony in a longer format.
“Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul.” Psalm 66:16
As you can see, writing your testimony isn’t hard and doesn’t have to be stressful! If you’re asked to share your testimony you’ll be prepared just like we’re instructed in the Bible!
“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,” 1 Peter 3:15 NIV
Action Steps to Take Today
- Pray and ask God to help you write your testimony so you can share the goodness of God with others.
- Download, and use my free printable “How to Write Your Testimony” Worksheets below, if desired. Or write your testimony out on a piece of paper.
- Pray before you begin writing. Remember to give details and examples from your life but be careful not to glorify sin with too much detail.
- Ask God to give you opportunities to share your testimony with others.
My Favorite Bible:
Free Printable How to Write Your Testimony Worksheets | 6 pages
How to Download
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to my free printable How to Write Your Testimony Worksheets.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to download!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables