Recipe by Melissa Mitchell
This recipe is one I adapted from my grandmother.. I left out her lemon extract and increased the amount of blueberries. They are very moist and are bursting with blueberry flavor! They have been a family tradition for our 4th of July breakfast.
Nana’s Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 T unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (can use fresh or frozen…I prefer fresh)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tins or use paper liners and set aside. Add the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to blend. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, add the egg and whisk for about 20 seconds. Add the sugar to the egg mixture and whisk vigorously for 30 seconds. Add the softened butter, a little at a time, and whisk to combine
after each addition.
Add 1/2 of the sour cream to the wet mixture and whisk till blended. Repeat with remaining sour cream. Gently add the blueberries to the dry mixture and toss lightly until well combined. Add the wet mixture to the blueberries and gently fold with a rubber spatula until the blueberries are evenly distributed.
NOTE: The batter will be very thick…that’s ok….do not over-mix!
Fill the muffin tins with the batter – it’s easier if you spray your spoon with Pam so it won’t stick as much Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, rotating the pan half way through. Cool muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and let cool on wire rack for additional 5 minutes. ENJOY!
Free Printable Recipe Binder
How to Download
- Click here to download without subscribing.
- When you fill out the form below, you’ll receive an email giving you access to my entire subscriber exclusive resource library where you’ll find this and many more resources for your home and family!
- You’ll find this free printable recipe binder in the At Home section of the library.
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables