Spring Clean Challenge: Day 1

Photo Credit: Wendy Domeni

Are you ready to get your heart and home all sparkling clean? I know I am! This study is not for the faint of heart! We will be looking at the deepest darkest corners of our heart to see why we struggle to keep our homes in order. So be prepared for change!

Download Spring Cleaning for the Heart and Home: Day 1

Today’s giveaway is:

The Homemaker’s Journal: Keeping House e-Book by Melissa Ringstaff,

available in our Proverbs 31 Bookstore, valued at $16.95!

About the book: Practical Instruction for Keeper at Home First in a series, this¬†beautifully designed book, is filled with practical instructions for getting your house clean and organized. The Homemaker’s Journal is filled with tips, recipes, personal notes and photos from Melissa’s journal. Also included are planning pages for getting your life organized and some easy needlework patterns. You are sure to enjoy every page. Who knew housekeeping could be so enjoyable?

In order to be entered into the drawing, you must comment below. Let’s discuss the lesson!

If you have found this devotional to be helpful and would like to support our ministry at A Virtuous Woman, you can donate! As always your prayers and gifts are appreciated!

Suggested Donation: $8.95

Or you can purchase Spring Cleaning for the Heart and Home e-Book here.

This post may contain affiliate links.

If you loved this post, you might want to sign up to receive updates to your email or Subscribe to A Virtuous Woman via your favorite RSS Reader {I recommend Feedly}.

Melissa Ringstaff

Melissa Ringstaff is a pastor’s wife, serving with her husband in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of Southeastern Kentucky. She is a homeschooling mother of five plus four and Grandarlin’ to 14 (so far) grandchildren. Melissa has been blogging at A Virtuous Woman since 2001. She has written several titles including Spring Cleaning for the Heart and Home, The Homemaker’s Journal: Keeping House, and Christian ADVENTures in Prophecy.

Latest posts by Melissa Ringstaff (see all)

10 Comments on Spring Clean Challenge: Day 1

1. Anne Scarbrough
    May 9, 2011 at 5:40 am (3 years ago)

I have read the lesson and it is applicable to me. I lack self-discipline in the home as I’d prefer to be doing something else. I also realized my devotions to the Lord are not what they should be. I am resolved to begin rising early when it is dark to begin my day with the Lord. I think we all can get our homes and life in order with the Lord’s help and each other’s support. Thank you Melissa for such a good beginning and sharing on Day 1.

2. Lisa Harper
    May 9, 2011 at 6:22 am (3 years ago)

I also have problems with self-discipline. I find myself side tracked with not enough time in the day to get the important things done, and too much time on the computer or running errands, or even on the phone. I am also plagued by chronic fatigue, most of the time I just don’t have the energy to get anything done in my home. I have prayed and will continue to pray for guidance with my self-discipline problems. Thanks Melissa for the lesson.

3. Nana
    May 9, 2011 at 9:15 am (3 years ago)

Thank you Lord for placing this ministry on Melissa’s heart and for her obedience to your voice. So many of us struggle with this specific issue and how encouraging to know that this study exists.

My prayers will include encouragement for all of us following Spring Cleaning for the Heart and Home.

OK ladies, let’s kick some blessed assurance and get our homes God-worthy!!! God Bless to all.

4. jdebney
    May 9, 2011 at 10:39 am (3 years ago)

Ouch! Today’s entry seriously stepped on my toes. I was doing so well for a while there, but my sister’s wedding and Easter threw my schedule off track. I have been dragging my feet to get back in the habit of serving my family by providing for them a happy, clean, and welcoming home. Today’s entry made me realize that not only have I just been lazy, but I have also been setting a poor example of being a happy servant for my children. How can I expect them to find joy in the simple tasks if I am putting off doing my own simple tasks? Shame on me!

Thank you for the reminder. Okay. Today I start from scratch. Thank goodness my God is a God of second chances!

Have a blessed day, yall!

5. Tina
    May 9, 2011 at 2:49 pm (3 years ago)

I see I have a lot of work to do. I do lack self-dicipline. I have good intentions but “stuff” always seems to come up and I don’t get my work done. :(

6. Michal
    May 9, 2011 at 7:27 pm (3 years ago)

I am not pleased with the life that I present to God and my husband daily. Laziness and lack of self-discipline has kept me from having the best life possible. I am grateful for today, for today I am moving towards becoming the women that God has intended for me to be. Thanks Melissa.

7. DaughteroftheKing
    May 9, 2011 at 11:21 pm (3 years ago)

Great way to start the Spring Cleaning! I know I lack self-discipline, and I have to work on that daily. Mostly, I find that I like to work on areas of my home as “projects.” Once they are completed, I rejoice over the beautiful, organized space. However, I neglect MAINTENANCE, and that’s what will really keep me on track. Again, daily reminders are key. Also, I read a book once that suggested using “micromovements” when we don’t want to do a particular task. If we just do 1-2 minutes of that dreaded task, most of the time, we’ll finish it. For example, if we are avoiding sweeping the house, we should simply pick up the broom and do the job for 2 minutes. Even if we quit after that, SOMETHING was done. :) Hope this blesses someone. Thanks, Melissa!

8. Home Queen
    May 10, 2011 at 5:47 am (3 years ago)

Melissa, I feel you can read my mind, you’re speaking directly to me…
    I have problems with self-discipline, organization and procrastination. Yes, I feel sorry for myself as I often am overloaded with work and home duties.
    My home needs another Spring Clean. We’re now in the month of May. I dream of finding that elusive “Place for Everything”
    I live overseas,moved to the Middle East with hubby’s job, and struggle with a chronic illness, a hot year-round climate and not a great deal of support. I pray that God will guide me to straighten out my home.
    God Bless You Melissa. This is an amazing challenge! I’d also be over the moon to win this book.

9. Cora Johnson
    May 10, 2011 at 4:00 pm (3 years ago)

I am one mother who can needs advise always. I want to stay teachable. In order to learn new ways to get finished quick and better than last year.

10. Melissa Ringstaff
    May 11, 2011 at 5:48 am (3 years ago)

Today’s winner was Lisa Harper! Congratulations!! Send me your email address and I will get your gift to you!

- Melissa Ringstaff