If you’re looking for a simple recipe that tastes delicious to serve your family or guests, these Almond Poppy Seed Muffins make a wonderful addition to your breakfast or brunch. Stick one in your husband’s lunch box or even grab one falor a snack. You’ll love this recipe!
The great thing about these healthy almond poppy seed muffins is that they’re fast and easy to make. They’re not only moist and delicious, but they’re perfect for eating during any time of the day. I’m a huge fan of enjoying these for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee but you can easily eat them as an afternoon snack or even an after-dinner treat.
This recipe for poppy seed muffins is a bit different than the ones that you’ve probably seen or tried to bake before. I love these because of the extra almond extract addition that really helps to enhance that overall almond taste and flavor.
How do you reheat leftover muffins?
There is a trick to this! If you have made homemade muffins that are a few days old and they’re not as moist as they were when you first made them, don’t fret. (and don’t toss them out!)
Popping them in the microwave for a few seconds of time will do magical things. 10-13 seconds is the sweet spot for reheating your muffins (might be more depending on your power) and once the timer goes off, your leftover muffins will be as soft as if they were first baked! (but be careful, they’ll be hot!)
Just top with some butter, honey, or eat as is and you’ll never have to worry about eating a hard or dried out muffin ever again!
Are you ready to learn how to make this simple poppy seed muffin recipe? I can’t wait to hear what you think!
I’m a big fan of the sliced almonds and the almond extract and I think that you will be, too. And in case you’re wondering why there is sour cream in this recipe, it’s to add a bit more moisture to the mix so that the muffins are soft and perfectly moist once baked.
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
For this recipe you’ll need:
- baking soda
- baking powder
- poppy seeds
- almond extract
- sour cream
- sliced almonds
How to Make Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 cup AND 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with liners and nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the almond extract and egg, beating until completely incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl. Blend just until mixed. Add the sour cream and beat until completely mixed.
- Using a large scoop, divide the batter into about ¼ cup portions and scoop into the muffin liners. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center returns clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Gifbera Standard White Cupcake Liners Greaseproof Paper Muffin Baking Cups 400-Count
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Muffin Pan, 12 Cup
- 4 Piece Silicone Spatula Set, Flexible Heat Resistant Non-scratch Baking Cooking Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core, Gray
- Norpro stainless steel scoop, 56MM (4 Tablespoons), As Shown
- KitchenAid KSM3316 KSM3311XCU Artisan Mini Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, 3.5 Quart, Contour Silver (Renewed)
- Anchor Hocking 4-Quart Glass Mixing Bowl, Set of 2, Clear, Model Number:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Free Printable Recipe Binder
How to Download
- Click here to download without subscribing.
- When you fill out the form below, you’ll receive an email giving you access to my entire subscriber exclusive resource library where you’ll find this and many more resources for your home and family!
- You’ll find this free printable recipe binder in the At Home section of the library.
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables