As a Christian mom, it is so important to make sure that God is central in your family’s life. One way to do this is to set aside regular times for family worship. Family worship is a great way to grow closer to God as a family and to instill Christian values in your children. But it can be tricky to know where to start or what to do during family worship time.
If you’re feeling stuck, don’t worry! This blog post shares a collection of family worship ideas for Christian families.
In our family, we tried to make family worship a priority. I have many wonderful memories of singing hymns with my children and listening to their prayer requests.
I wish we had always been consistent and there were times when life would get busy and we fell away from the practice of family worship. However, we tried to make it a regular part of our family’s culture.
Family worship is one of the most important traditions you can establish in your home. It is a time for you to grow closer to God as a family and to instill Christian values in your children.
I’m excited to share these family worship ideas with you and hope your family is blessed by them!
Lets Bring Back Family Worship
The Bible says, “Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.” Deuteronomy 11:18-21.
Family worship is one way to obey this command. It is a time for parents to intentionally teach their children about God and His Word.
A Collection of Ideas for Family Worship
- A Year of Family Worship
- Family Worship
- Making the Sabbath a Delight
- Cheerful Homes will be a Light to Neighbors
- Church History
- Getting Started with Family Worship
- Scripture Memory
- Q & A: How to Wake Up Without Waking Up the Kids
- Praying for Your Worship Experience
- Scripture Adventures
- Morning Worship
- Resurrection Cookies
- The Bible Story Books
- Lessons in Nature
- A Heart White as Snow
- Scripture Memory – Chapters of the Bible
- Share Heaven with Your Children
- Are you a witness to your friends?
- How to Plan Family Worship for a Camp Out
- The Blessings of Family Worship
- 15 Fun and Engaging Family Worship Activities
- A Guide to Getting Started with Family Worship
- 20 Topic Ideas for Family Worship
- Christmas Advent Calendars to Print Your Family will Love
There are so many great ways that you can use family worship time to grow closer to God as a family. By praying together, reading the Bible together, and doing activities together, you will be on your way to creating lasting memories and instilling Christian values in your children!
Share your ideas for family worship in the comments below!
Free Printable Family Worship Planner
How to Get the Printable
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive an email giving you instant access to this free printable.
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form won’t affect your subscription, but you will receive the link to get the printable!
- If you’re a member of the Homemaker’s Circle, this printable can be found inside of the membership! If not, you can join today for as little as $1.00 a week and get instant access to over $500 worth of digital products and homemaking classes including The Disciplined Homemaker and A Time to Clean!
Why should I subscribe?
- access to my subscriber exclusive resource library
- exclusive coupons and sales to my shop
- updates, challenges, freebies, and exclusive offers
- instant access to subscriber exclusive printables