Meal planning is one of the best ways to simplify your day. Your family needs to eat every. single. day. By setting aside a few minutes each week to sit down and make a meal plan, you’ll save yourself time and money all week long.
I’ve been a wife, mom, and homemaker for almost 30 years. In fact, I became all of those things when I was just 15 years old. I had no idea what I was doing when I started. But I want you to know that if I can do this, so can you.
Meal planning over the last three decades has helped me to save time and money – and lots of mental energy!! Being a mom of five, I’ve cooked a lot of meals and fed a lot of mouths.
Being able to quickly put together a meal plan didn’t come easily at first. It was something I had to learn. And you can too! Just like any homemaking skill, meal planning is something you can learn and even be good at it!
How to Start Meal Planning
The best way to start meal planning is to just start! I’m sharing some of my best tips on how to simplify your meal planning below.
- How to Simplify Meal Planning
- 15 Minute Meal Planning
- 5 Ways to Make Meal Planning More Enjoyable
- 10 Tips to Simplify Meal Planning
- Meal Planning, Groceries, and Busy Days
- Make Ahead Meal Planning
- Easy Meal Planning eBook by Melissa Ringstaff
- Menu Planning for the Week
Meal Planning Resources
Meal Planning Resources for Busy Moms | Meal Planning for Busy Families:
- Eat at Home | Save Time and Money with Easy Meal Planning
- 10 Meal Planning Resources for Busy Moms
- My Go-To Meals for Busy Days
Meal Planning to Save Money
Planning out your meals each week will save you time and money. By planning ahead, you’ll:
- spend less time thinking about what to prepare before meal time.
- save time in the grocery store
- save money when you buy only what you need and know you’ll eat
- have fewer trips to the grocery store during the week which saves time and money
Meal Planning Planners
These planners help you with meal planning each week. All you really need to plan your menu is a piece of paper and a pen. You could also use your phone, tablet, or computer.
The important thing is to keep it simple! Pretty printable planners like these below will just make it a little more fun. Plus, you’ll be happy to hang up your menu plan for everyone to see.
- The Mary Planner | Homemaking Planner
- The Purpose 31 Disciplined Homemaker Weekly Planner
- The Martha Planner with Meal Planning
- The Disciplined Homemaker | Menu Planner
Meal Planning Theme Night Ideas
Meal planning themes make planning your menu much easier and a lot faster. Check out the ideas for themed dinner nights in the post below.
Meal Planning 101 | PDF
Easy Meal Planning eBook
“She provides food for her family…” Proverbs 31:15
With a house full of kids, some of which have a few picky eating issues, a husband who works all day, plus all those after school activities keeping us out late, figuring out what we’re going to have for dinner can turn into a trip to the fast food drive thru.
The only thing that makes dealing with the challenge of dinner time around here is my meal plan. I plan my entire week of meals in under 15 minutes, and while it might sound like an impossible feat, I’m living proof it can be done!
Meal planning for the week gets easier with practice. If you use my meal planning tips and resources above, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a meal planning pro!
Free Printable Meal Planning Cheat Sheet
How to Download
- Just fill out the form below and you’ll receive this 2 page printable Meal Planning Cheat Sheet right in your inbox!
- If you are already a subscriber, filling out the form below won’t affect your subscription, but you will get the cheat sheets in your inbox immediately!