Host a Cookie Swap!

This year, why not host a fun Cookie Swap with your friends? Or how about with the women in your church? This would make a perfect social for Women’s Ministries!

How it Works:

Each person bakes one batch of their favorite cookie for each guest attending the cookie swap. So, if there are 12 guests attending, each guest will bring 12 dozen cookies. Be sure everyone brings the recipe along with their cookies!

You can print out our Cookie Swap Organizer for free!

Note: I suggest printing the recipe cards onto cardstock paper.

Have you ever hosted a cookie swap? What is your favorite cookie recipe?

This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure policy here.

You’re the best!Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on Twitter2Share on Facebook7Share on Google+0Buffer this page

Melissa Ringstaff

Melissa Ringstaff is a pastor’s wife, serving with her husband in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of Southeastern Kentucky. She is a homeschooling mother of five plus four and Grandarlin’ to 14 (so far) grandchildren. Melissa has been blogging at A Virtuous Woman since 2001. She has written several titles including Spring Cleaning for the Heart and Home, The Homemaker’s Journal: Keeping House, and Christmas ADVENTures in Prophecy.

Latest posts by Melissa Ringstaff (see all)

9 Comments on Host a Cookie Swap!

1. LizBeth
    December 1, 2010 at 7:38 am (4 years ago)

We did something similar one Christmas. No matter how many women came, each lady was asked to bring three dozen cookies divided into baggies of a dozen each with the recipe attached. When each guest arrived at the party she placed her bags on a table with all the others. Think we drew numbers to see who picked first. Each lady selected three bags from the table. Everyone went home with a variety of new cookies. It was fun! ~Liz
    .-= LizBeth´s last blog ..Recycled supper =-.

2. Karen
    December 1, 2010 at 7:40 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks!! I was just thinking this afternoon that I would host one of these – there have been at least three new families move in on our block and I thought it would be a fun way to get to know each other! :)

3. Lora @ my blessed life
    December 1, 2010 at 9:50 pm (4 years ago)

Cookie swaps are fun! I’ve never hosted one, but have attended a couple. One that I went to had a contest for the best cookie in several categories~they brought in outside judges and gave away prizes:) My fave cookie is my Amish sugar cookie recipe, it’s amazing!!
    Here’s a link to the recipe:

Thanks for the printables~those are great!
    .-= Lora @ my blessed life´s last blog ..Our Christmas ADVENTures =-.

4. Sarah
    December 2, 2010 at 7:31 am (4 years ago)

My friend and I are doing a cookie swap and card class this Saturday at our church however we decided against everyone have to make 9 dozen cookies so our swap will consist of 1/2 dozen for each woman which made it easier as we’ll only need to make 4 1/2 dozen and then package them 6 to a bag for passing out.

5. Pat in Tenn
    December 2, 2010 at 8:42 am (4 years ago)

Yes, I think that I will do this for this holiday season ! Thank you so much for reminding us of this.

I will let you know how it goes for us.

Again, thanks !

Pat
    .-= Pat in Tenn´s last blog ..Jaci Velasquez – Lay It Down =-.

6. Marita
    December 2, 2010 at 8:18 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much for posting this, I would like to have a cookie swap for our church this year but this time I would like to ask the ladies to bring a extra dozen so we can donate it to our local women homeless shelter.

• Melissa Ringstaff
      December 2, 2010 at 9:22 pm (4 years ago)

Marita, What a wonderful idea! I love it!

Melissa

7. Sheila Turner
    December 4, 2010 at 12:15 am (4 years ago)

I’m going to a cookie exchange this coming Tuesday, Dec. 7th. I’ve never been to one so I’m excited!! I am baking strawberry cookies, fudge cookies and magic cookie bars. I am going to bring this idea up in our ladies meeting at church, I think it will be alot of fun for the ladies of our church to get together :)